Blind

Zayn's POV

It's been one day since she was kidnapped. One fucking day and I'm completely losing my mind. What if I never see her again, what if they hurt her. All of this because of me.

"Fúck," I mumble under my breath as my fists and jaw clench.

The sound of the clock drives me mad each time I hear it, I feel like I'm running out of time. Worst, I feel like I'm getting away from her the more I hear that stupid sound. And time is one of the things you can't control even if you want to, you're just watching the sand pouring in the hourglass and there's nothing you can do.

But I've never played by the rules, and I won't start now. No matter who's trying to hurt me or the people I care about, I won't let them. I'm going to fight with all the strength I have and if it means killing everyone who would cross my pass I'll do it. Just the thought of these bastards touching her, scaring her or worse torturing her gives me enough energy to move mountains.

Angelo is by my side constantly trying to make a plan and briefing our team while I'm just standing there. I'm here but I'm not here. I just watch him do what he does best : leading. Angelo is the type of man who will always have control on the situation no matter what happens. It is like nothing affects him, nothing can break him. I've always admired him for that, he's the best chance I have right now.

He's speaking fast, vigorously but precisely and firmly. He's taking the lead and I let him do. He's speaking about entering by force into Lucia's warehouse, checking all the CCTV we could encounter. Step by step, the outline of an invasion plan is emerging and I'm getting nervous.

We've already robbed banks and even penetrated secret strong boxes. But Lucia's property, I bet it is safer than the room where you can find nuclear codes. My breath becomes irregular as the idea of getting there starts to become real.

The only thing I can think about is not my own death or my friend's life, but Candice's life. What if they decide to kill her if something goes wrong, what if we were about to sacrifice her instead of saving her. So many things cross my mind, I need to get it out of my chest.

I pat on Angelo's shoulder and ask him to talk privately, he nods and we go at the back of my house.

"What's wrong Zayn ?" He frowns as he sees the worried look on my face.

"Mate, I'm not sure about the plan..."

"Look Zayn," he pauses, "I see that you're nervous but we're going to get her back. I promise you." He says, calmly.

"You're the person I trust the most on Earth, I'm not putting into question your faith to me. It's just," I pause, "you know what Lucia is capable of, I don't want things to happen again."

"Look, I'm not scared of her. She can do anything that she wants I won't bend the knee and surrender. It's time to be brave and strong but if you can't right now, I'll be strong enough for the both of us."

"Angelo," I say, touched by what he's saying, "I'm not scared of her, I'm scared of what she could do. That's not the same." I feel my hands and my body getting weaker.

He sighs deeply and takes me in his arms firmly, hugging me like brothers do. I breathe deeply as I feel that I'm about to burst and break everything in my house if I don't keep calm.