Chapter X: Reveal

"Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye

xx

Vivienne found herself in a dilemma;  she can't seem to decide whether to inform her children about Alexander's whereabouts or just keep silent about it. Alexander had finally called her. He's not in tip-top shape, but he was able to escape from the clutches of Emme Francisci – or whatever they call her now.

After much deliberation, she decided that she would just come clean. Her kids aren't dumb, and they will be very suspicious soon. She called her three eldest children up to her room.

"I don't know how to explain this to you, kids", Vivienne spoke addressing the three. Tobey and Valter were somewhere around the house playing. "Our house has been bugged. That's why we're here. This is not a vacation house. This is a safe house. Some mad woman is out there to get us."

"Mom, what have you sniffed?" Knox asked. Vivienne's face grew dark.

"This is a serious talk, Knox!" Vivienne continued to pace inside the room. "Your father became a double-agent. He betrayed his boss in order to go back home safe and be with me."

Her children's mouths fell open in shock.

"We were quiet and content for almost a decade now - "

" - Then what? How do you know this crazy woman's back?" Samuel asked, interrupting what his mother was about to say.

"She sent him red tulips for his birthday. We've been preparing for the worst all these years. What she wants with us, I don't know. Possibly to get back at your father. All I know is that you guys should refrain from using your phones or contacting anyone multiple times a day. I don't want anything to happen to our family, as well as the Lindgrens!"

The children hugged their mother tightly and kissed her. At this moment, they never felt so anxious and calm at the same time. They care about their father, but if bad gets to worst, they would only have Vivienne.

* * *

"Hey, Tess."

Finally, Samantha was able to call her best friend.

"SAMANTHA! Heavens, where have you been?" Tessie replied to the other line.

"Can't speak of it right now. We've been having serious family troubles right now. How're things?"

"Fine. Everyone misses you a lot, though."

"I miss you guys too. I'm sorry for leaving without saying goodbye. By the way, how's Coltrane?"

"Would you like to speak with him?"

"Is he there?"

"No, but he's been worried sick and looking for you. Would you like to leave a message, then?"

"Tell him that I'm sorry and I miss him."

"Sige, I'll tell him. Keep safe, Samantha. I know you when you're not talking much."

"Riiight", Sam said nervously. "Thank you, Tessie. I've missed you. But I have to go now. Bye." Samantha put the phone down. She misses having someone to talk to. All day and night, she's been doing nothing but reading.

"I think you should train with pops now. Everything is prepared."

"Train? For what?" Samantha asked Valter. Honestly, she's getting rather frustrated by his sudden appearances and his tendencies to startle her.