Chapter XI: I Can't Live If Living is Without You

"Without You" by Air Supply

xx

"Oh I can't live, if living is without you. Can't live, can't give anymooooree", Coltrane slurred the words to the song. He was already drunk, yet he was belting out tunes like a pro. "Samantha, where the fuck are you?" He shouted.

Inside the beach cottage was Claude, Xavier, and Angelo. In the nearby cottage was Winona and Patricia watching the guys as they try to comfort the drunk Coltrane. By now it's been a month since Samantha last contacted any of them; she hasn't even called or texted Tessie.

"I wonder where the Imperyals are?" Winona said to Patricia while reaching for a pack of chicharron baboy.

"Aba, I don't know. Sam hasn't called me. I did speak to her once when she last called Tessie and I was there."

"Good for you. I miss that crazy chick."

Unbeknownst to them, Xavier heard their conversation. He was about to tell Coltrane, but he held his tongue. It's only right because he's cheating on her anyway.

* * *

December 3

Almost a month has passed since I called my friends. Just Tessie. Not anyone else. I wonder if Coltrane even misses me because I do miss him sometimes.

I've forgotten the last time I saw everyone happy here. As it turns out, dad is a double-spy (like Snape? Still not sure). We haven't heard from him since his last contact. He told us to train with Stellan and his son Valter. We still study for school, but not as hectic as before. I never thought I would truly miss real school. Even Samuel does. However, Tobey is fine and seems to enjoy life here.

But, I miss home. I know we all do.

* * *

July 1995

"So that's what you did?" Emme Francisci said incredulously. She could not believe she's been tricked. "You treated me like a challenge. A prize that is hard to win. Is that it? Because I told you I never fall in love?"

He remembered the time she said those words: I never fall in love.

This weak mafioso man tried to bargain with the life of one of her former boy toys; the one that actually intended to marry her. The man wanted Emme for himself. He thought she was in love with her boy toy. She went there to rescue her fiancé, shot everyone in the room, and unzipped a little of her black latex jumpsuit.

"I'm all yours now", she said. Her men could see and hear from the one-way mirror of the mafioso's sala. The mafioso looked giddy and extremely horny.

"You chose well, sweetheart. I thought you were in love with him", he said as he went on to plant kisses on her plump breasts.

She laughed. A wicked laugh, a signal that things are about to go down. He continued nipping and caressing her while she laughs. He seems to be overjoyed and turned on with her wicked laughter. He hadn't even realized that she pulled out a syringe from her attached pocket. She pulled his hair back and she stared intently into his clear gray eyes. It's almost a perfect match for her steely blues.

"That's where you're wrong, Seth". She smiled wickedly as he stared back confused, she was holding the syringe, sticking it to his neck. "I NEVER FALL IN LOVE."

When he pulled the syringe, it was too late. The poison has gotten into his system. She zipped up, stood up, poured some whiskey into a glass and drank it.