Chapter III

Livia

"Look at what we have here." A dark voice chuckled.

I didn't know where I was, all I could see was complete blackness.

"W-who are you?" My voice trembled.

"All that matters is who you are."

I tried to move, but my body was unable to obey my commands. I felt his breath fanning the back of my neck. I tried to jerk away, but my efforts were useless.

"Why don't you call out for your little prince charming. Perhaps he'll save you." He mocked. He may not have spoken his name, but I knew exactly who he's talking about.

"Fuck off." I growled.

"Looks like the human has guts." he laughed evilly.

"Release my body from this hold and I'll show you what else I have." I scuffed.

"I've only come to warn you, little one." I furrowed my brows. Warn me about what? I've already been kidnapped, beaten, starved, and drained of blood.

"About what?"

"You see, I've been waiting for this to happen, for him to finally met his weak, little mate."

"What?" Now I'm utterly confused.

"Riddle me this, little one; It comes with the rain, and the leaves of the fall. It's a fate for those who rule over all. What it leaves in its wake, will start with the death of a mate." He hissed the last part before vanishing.

○ ● ○

I rose from the bed panting. My clothes were soaked in sweat.

What the hell?

That nightmare felt all too real. I could practically feel his breath on the back of my neck.

I brought my hand up to my neck involuntarily. I furrowed my brows when I felt a slight soreness at the croak of my neck.

I carefully stumbled out of the bed still rubbing my neck. When I was about halfway to the bathroom, the doorknob to it clicked.

I froze for a moment as the door swung open. I knew it was Valak just by the way my heart sped. When his body came into view, I lost myself in whatever trance he casted upon me.

He stood in the doorway with a single towel wrapped around his waist. Beads of water rolled down his toned chest and abs. He was drying his hair with another towel when he finally noticed me... standing there staring like an idiot.

Valak's smirk I now associate with sex itself played on his lips.

"Good afternoon." He said amusingly.

"It's afternoon?" I gasped, he nodded. Had I really slept that long?

"W-where am I?" I asked suddenly aware that I had slept in a strangers bed.

"You're in Transylvania." At least I'm still the region.

"Why am I here?"

That question seemed to push a certain button of his. He sighed heavily and tossed the towel he used to dry his hair on a side side.

"I think you've figured that part out already." He crossed his arms, his muscles buldge at that action.

"Who--what are you?" I felt myself panic at my own question.

"I think you know that one as well."

I bit my lip and shook my head. It can't be, it isn't possible.