Chapter XVIII

Livia

"This is the best part!" I squealed and sat up straighter on the sofa, "It's so fluffy!" I said in sync with the TV. After we finished Hotel Transylvania, Valak agreed to one more movie, so of course I picked Despicable Me.

Let's just say he wasn't too fond of America's depiction of... well him.

When I looked at Valak, he had a raised brow and smirk playing on those sexy ass lips. But his eyes were what made my heart skip a beat. His dark orbs held a look of amusement, and perhaps even adoration.

"What?" I tilted my head slightly.

Valak chuckled, "Oh, nothing. Just enjoying the movie." He said sarcastically. 

I rolled my eyes at his words. I knew for a fact that Valak had either been on his phone, or staring at me throughout the movie because I caught him doing both multiple times.

"You aren't even watching it." I scoffed and turned my attention back to the TV.

"I apologize that I can't keep my eyes from my beautiful woman." Valak's voice grew husky as he leaned in close. I tried to act as if he didn't effect me, but I'm sure my arousal is going to give me away.

"More like your beautiful phone." 

He sighed, "Love, I'm sitting here watching a children's film while my kingdom is being run by an imbecile."

"First of all; this is a family movie, it's not just for children, and second; you should go tend to your kingly duties, I have no right to keep you from them." I said both sincerely. He has a life outside of mine, and I understand that our time might not always be our time.

"You have every right to keep me from them." Valak said and he grabbed my calve and dragged me towards him. I found myself giggling when he pulled me flush against him.

"I'd rather be here with you than in my boring office doing paper work." He placed soft kisses on my cheek and jawbone.

"I would to, especially after last night." I teased making Valak growl possessively.

"Don't forget this morning, love." My cheeks heated as I recalled our intimate encounters from both events. I may have been sore when I woke up, but it didn't stop me from turning that sore into an ache, "But if you have forgotten, I'll be sure to remind you." He said lowly.

Before our mouths decided to devour each other like every other time we kiss, I turned my head away from his lips.

"No, I still need time to recover. If we keep this up, I'll need a wheelchair." 

Valak's lips met my mark, "I can always heal you and we'll be right back at it."

I bit my lip; that offer didn't sound too bad. I would've probably allowed him to do so if it was an actual wound rather than tense muscles. I had never accommodated someone of his... size.

Just as our lips barely touched, Valak's phone began to ring. Instead of answering, he set it on the coffee table then slammed his lips to mine. I quickly move myself to straddle his lap. His tongue was the first to invade my mouth. His taste made me weak, and the way his hands gripped my ass only pushed us further.

Maybe this time my ache really will turn into a wound.

When Valak's phone started vibrating repeatedly on the coffee table, I tried pulling away so he could answer. He growled and followed my lips as they tried to separate. His hand went to the back of my neck and held my head in place. Our lips never stopped caressing one another's, until the phone rang a third time moments later.