Chapter XXV

Livia

I let out a loud, probably ugly yawn as I felt consciousness suddenly weigh in on me. Once my horrendous yawning passed, a deep chuckle made me freeze in place.

"That was cute." Valak said from behind me.

I finally took note of his strong arm around my bare waist, and our intertwined naked bodies.

Oh right... he got back from his trip yesterday. Ever since yesterday afternoon when he first entered my place, we've been tangled in the sheets ever since. Not that he only took me on the bed, we practically fucked on every surface possible in my suite.

"Morning." I said as my cheeks flushed from embarrassment. He may have thought I was flawlessly beautiful before, but yawning strips away anything remotely attractive about me in that moment.

"Good morning." He said huskily, as if he actually slept. Oh wait, he did! In fact, he fell asleep before I did, which meant he must've been pretty exhausted from his trip.

"You actually slept." I said while turning to face him. His hand trailed lightly down my side and stopped on my waist.

"My stamina is endless, usually I can go for days." He gripped my waist tighter. Heat coursed through my body at the thought of us endlessly fucking. I'm sure I couldn't go for days; in fact, there's no way I could do that.

"Well, you must've been pretty tired." I giggled.

"Not too tired to--"

"Oh my god, you never let me see Layne!" I gasped.

Valak stormed into my suite last night and the first thing he did was attach our lips. No greetings, just a sweet kiss that turned into various ways of fucking in various places. Layne was long forgotten by the end of the night, until now.

"I thought we'd catch up for a bit, then I'd let you see him." I sat up from the bed and made my way to the bathroom.

"You distracted me." I scoffed.

"Okay, while you get ready, I'll go get him. We'll go out for--" He took a peek at his watch,"--a late lunch."

"But, isn't he a vampire? He won't like human food." I frowned.

"I own a restaurant that caters to both humans and vampires. We will eat there."

I nodded as I walked into the bathroom. I didn't bother shutting the door seeing as Valak was going to leave soon anyways. I didn't turn the knob for warm water, I've gotten used to cold showers between living in a shady apartment and therapeutic reasons.

I gasped when strong arms hugged my waist and tugged me to a hard, padded body.

"Valak!" I shrieked. I could tell by the tingling on my skin that it was him.

"Mm, sorry, baby. I couldn't help myself." He laughed. I slapped his shoulder and stepped away from him.

"You're supposed to be getting Layne." I huffed while squeezing some shampoo into my palm.

"You're not the only one who reeks of pure sex, Livia. In case you've forgotten, I am the reason you're drenched in my scent." He said the last part huskily.

"Oh, so you wanted to shower with me to make sure your scent remains on my body?" I turned while scrubbing the shampoo through my scalp.

"That, and you're the sexiest little vixen."

I giggled when he pulled me closer, removed my hands from my hair, and replaced them with his own. Valak scrubbed my scalp soothingly. I sighed in contentment as his lips lightly kissed the back of my neck. When it was time to rinse my hair, I noticed the water was noticeably warmer.