Chapter IV

I sat in my chair uncomfortably. I remained emotionless just like everyone else in the meeting room.

Every few months, us elders come together for a meeting to discuss important matters. Usually I take these meetings pretty seriously, but today I couldn't get my head out of my bedroom.

Every fraction of my mind seemed to belong to Livia. The longer I was away, the more I wanted to be near her.

Holding her, touching her, fu--

"Valak?" I glanced up at Orcus who sat across from me. He looked a little worried for my sake.

"Yes?"

"We're taking a vote on whether or not we should announce our alliance with the lycanthrope this year."

"All those in favor announcing it this year, raise your right hand."

I couldn't give two shits when we announce it. Either way, our regions are going to have a fit. I raised my hand for the second choice, which was announcing it next year. The less things I have on my mind right now, the better.

Not that I have anything consuming my thoughts besides Livia.

After the meeting, I went to my office to attend to important work. I let out a deep sigh and sat with my head in my hands.

"Are you alright?" I looked up at Orcus. He stood before my desk with his hands dug into his pockets. His light blond hair was pulled back, it's a gesture he does only for occasions like our meetings.

"I'm trying to give her time, but it's... difficult." I said.

"Why don't you go see her? Breath in her scent, it'll calm you."

"I can't look at her and not touch her. It makes her uncomfortable, but I can't help it."

"I understand, Valak, but being away from her for too long while the bond is binding isn't good for either of you. During times like these, it's easier to let embrace it rather than avoid it."

"Perhaps you're right, my friend." I stood from my chair and made my way to the door.

"I'll only be gone a short while." I called before leaving my office. Orcus sat at my desk ready to take over.

I quickly made my way to my bedroom. When I entered the room, Livia was nowhere to be seen. Panic filled my being until I heard the shower running. I shook my worries away while loosening my tie.

A few minutes passed before she finally stepped out of the bathroom wearing another pair of my boxers and a shirt. I gazed at her soft curves with a look I'm sure portrays intense hunger.

Every hour, it became more difficult to resist the urges. My demon whispered the ways I could pleasure my mate. How easy it would be to give into want we both want. I see it in her eyes, her urges aren't as strong, but they're there. She feels only a fraction of what I feel.

"Um... I j-just thought I'd shower. I'm sorry I didn't ask first." Livia said nervously. She bowed her head and remained in her spot as if ready for some type of punishment.

Of course, even after my gentleness towards her, she thinks I'd do such a thing.

"Come." I said.

She bit her lip and hesitantly took a step towards me. When she stood a few feet away, I stepped closer. She flinched as I brought my hand up to gently caress her face.

"You needn't be afraid of me, love." I said softly.

"I'm sorry." She whispered and leaned into my touch.