Chapter XXIX

A/N,

Okay, so I know I've already given you guys a muse for Valak, but I think I've found someone even better.

●○●○●○●

Valak

Saturday was the only day I gave the trainees off. I spent half the day in a meeting with my fellow elders discussing war tactics, and in my office doing tedious paperwork.

I lazily checked the time and date on my phone. My eyes widened slightly seeing what day it was. Needless to say, I hadn't seen Livia is almost two and a half days. I'd been so busy with training and protecting the other regions that I didn't even bother checking on her myself.

Once in awhile I'd sense her distress through the bond. At one point, I thought she was hurt, but her guards said it was just a scare. Livia told them she was completely fine.

I stood from my desk deciding to finish it tomorrow. I normally get my work done sooner, but I had an overwhelming sensation to see if Livia was okay.

Thirty minutes later I entered Livia's suite with Layne in my arms. Her faint heartbeat sounded from her bedroom. I set Layne on the sofa and told him to stay. It took me a good ten minutes to find the god damn cartoons.

I quietly entered her bedroom. Her scent hit me hard. I held back the growl that threatened to escape my chest. My possessiveness got the best of me as I scanned and sniffed the room.

Finally, I looked down at Livia. She was asleep and buried under her duvet. I gently shook her shoulder.

Her body froze after she quickly curled into herself. I frowned, she looked as if she were trying to protect herself.

"Livia?" I said aloud. She gasped and quickly sat up. Her terror filled eyes landed on mine. My frown deepened when relief replaced her fearful features.

She threw her arms around my neck, "Darling, what's wrong?"

I brought my arms to her waist and lifted her weightless body onto my lap. She curled into my chest and placed a lingering kiss there.

"Nothing, I just missed you."

I gently stroked her back and held her close. She felt so good against me, I wouldn't mind staying like this for awhile longer. "Layne is here."

Just like that, Livia turned into a burst of energy and flew out of my arms.

"Where?!"

She left the room before I could even answer. I chuckled when I heard squealing from the living room. Layne was wrapped up Livia's arms while she placed kisses all over his face. I'll admit, I was a little jealous that he receive more of her kisses than me today. Fortunately, my beast recognized Layne as a child and not as competition... yet. 

"Hi, Wivie." He said shyly while hugging her neck. I furrowed my brows when I scanned the length of Livia's body and was disappointed to not see her figure. Layers open layers of clothing were stacked on her skin. I surveyed the temperature only to find that it should be comfortable for any human.

"Love, why are you wearing so much clothing?" I asked. I took note of how she stiffened for a moment before pulling away from Layne.

"I--uh, went on the balcony to paint, and it was cold." She finished too quickly. I narrowed my eyes, but she looked away seemingly nervous.