Chapter VI

I don't know why I agreed to having dinner with Valak. Just an hour ago, it was so easy to hate him. Perhaps my malnourishment has left my brain a scrambled mess. 

I shifted in the passenger seat uncomfortably when his eyes scanned my body again. I tugged my coat tighter around my black dress. It was just a simple, skater dress paired with black stockings, but Valak looked at me like I was wearing lingerie. 

A large hand pressed onto my upper thigh... Valak's hand. Tingles shot through my body, I nearly moaned when he began moving his thumb in small circles. 

"Valak." I warned. He sighed and squeezed my thigh before removing his hand. 

"Of all dresses, you chose that one?" 

I snorted at that, "Maybe I'll let you pick next time." 

"Next time?" He questioned with a sexy smirk. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. 

"No." I said stubbornly. 

"Darling, I can't keep my eyes off of you... or my hands." I felt my cheeks heat at his words. 

A comfortable silence fell around us. I glanced at Valak as he glared at the road. I bit my lip as I studied him, his jaw looked as if it could cut through steel. His facial hair added to the sharpness of his face. God, those dark eyes had me even when he wasn't looking directly into mine. 

"Love, I can hear you." 

My eyes widened. Was I thinking that loud? Of course I wasn't, he was just prying 

"Stay out of my head." I scuffed. 

"I only know what you allow me to." 

I didn't say anything, I turned my body toward the window instead. A little restaurant came into view. Valak parked in the parking lot. Before I could step out of the car, Valak was already opening the door. 

"Thanks." I said quietly. Valak nodded and shut the door when I stepped away from the car. 

His hand slipped into mine and held it tightly. When I tried to pull away, he only held on tighter. I sent him a glare that made him smirk.

Upon entering, the restaurant looked pretty empty considering how late it is. An older man in a suit greeted us with a polite smile. 

"Masă pentru două persoane, vă rugăm." Valak said in Romanian. I understood Romanian pretty well considering I studied it for six years.

The man smiled and led us toward the back. He offered a booth which we gladly accepted. Valak released my hand so I could take my seat across from him.

A server came up almost immediately. He asked us what we'd like to drink and eat. Valak ordered his meal, before he could order for me, I interrupted.

"Un pahar de vin roșu, şi spaghete, vă rugăm." I said with a perfect accent. Valak's eyes darken in a way that oddly excited me. I stared into his pitch black eyes and smirked. 

"I didn't know you spoke romanian." He said.

"Just a little." I shrugged, even though that was a complete lie.

"How many languages can you speak?" He asked. 

"Only five." Although I was only fluent in three of them, not counting english, "What about you?" 

He rose a brow amusedly, "Roughly two hundred." My jaw dropped. 

"Two hundred?" I gasped. He chuckled and nodded.