Chapter XIV

Livia and Valak above》

Livia

I sighed contently after prying my eyes open. Large arms tightened around my waist, and tiny ones circled my neck. Last night, after having dinner at a nice restaurant, Beth threw a fit when she had to go to bed. She begged her parents to sleep with me, and they reluctantly obliged. I on the other hand, was beaming with joy. 

Beth had accepted me so easily, but was a little hesitant about Valak. 

"Good morning, love." Valak whispered into my ear. 

"Did you sleep last night?" I asked. 

"No." 

"Do you ever sleep?" 

Valak placed a soft kiss on the back of my neck, "Every few weeks I sleep a few hours." 

"Could you sleep if you wanted to?" I asked. 

"Yes." He mumbled against my skin. 

"Lala." Beth mumbled. Her chubby cheek was pressed against my shoulder. 

"Hi, sweetie." I cooed. She smiled dazedly, her eyes blinking slowly.

"I hungwy." 

"Me too." I placed a kiss on her cheek and attempted to sit up. Valak's arms were locked around me in a solid hold. 

"Valak, we're hungry." I groaned. 

He grunted in response, his arms refusing to release me.

"Let's beat up Uncle Lick." I snickered. Valak scoffed at the name I called him. Beth couldn't quite get his name right, so she called him lick.

Beth was hesitant at first, but eventually, she started jumping on his back like a little savage. I laughed so hard my belly hurt. 

"Okay, I give up. You've beaten me to the pulp." Valak said dramatically. He pretended to be too injured to hold me and unlocked his arms. 

"Yay!" Beth and I cheered in unison. 

"Bacon!" Beth squealed. I picked her up while laughing hysterically. This little girl is so much like her daddy. 

We made our way down the stairs, Valak said he had a few phone calls to make, so he'd be down later. When we got to the kitchen, I gasped and covered Beth's innocent eyes from her parents who were in the midst of hardcore making out.

Is this what she goes through?! Talk about scarred for life.

Taylor and Levi pulled away when they heard us enter, their eyes wide in shock. Taylor hopped off of the counter, and smiled nervously at us. 

"Morning." Levi said cortly. 

"Morning." I said uncovering Beth's eyes. 

I tried to hold in my laughter, but as soon as I saw how red Taylor's face was, that was it. Soon, we were all laughing at the situation beforehand. 

"Welp... that was fun." Taylor said as her laughter died down. 

I set Beth down, and she ran straight to Levi's arms. 

"Can I help with breakfast? It seems you've burned the eggs." I chuckled at the pan. 

Taylor sent me a playful glare and stuck out her tongue. 

"That would be nice, Levi wasn't much help." 

Levi playfully rolled his eyes and went into the living room with Beth. I wiggled my brows suggestively.