Chapter XVI

Livia

"Can you move it just a hair to the right?" 

"Here?" 

"Just a little more."

"Here?"

"No! Too far, too far. A little to the left." 

Valak took his hands off of the sofa and placed them on his hips.

"What?!" I shrugged. He rose a brow in question.

"You've had me readjust this couch about fifteen times now." Valak said boringly. 

"Just let me do it myself, I know where I want it." I huffed as I made my way to where he was standing. 

"No, you're lucky I even let you out of bed, you're not touching this couch unless you're going to lie down on it." Valak said sternly. I rolled my eyes and mirrored Valak's hands on his hips.

"It's been a week, I'm pretty sure moving a sofa after being fully healed isn't going to re-shatter my arm." 

I bent down to push the sofa, Valak stood behind me with his arms crossed over his broad chest. With all of my strength, I push the couch in the direction I wanted it. I moved it about an inch... maybe less. 

"Can I be of assistance?" Valak asked amusingly. 

"Do you think this is funny?" I gave up on pushing the sofa and placed my hands on my hips again. 

Valak smirked devilishly, a gleam of mischief shone in his dark eyes. 

"I happened to enjoy the view, so feel free to try again." He shrugged. 

Perhaps jogger shorts and a loose half-shirt was a bad idea to wear around Valak. He's been eyeing every part of skin I have exposed all day, and he hasn't tried to hide it. It didn't exactly help that his gaze ignited the heat between my legs. Or that he wore only a black t-shirt and dark jeans. I didn't even know he owned something so casual, but I'm not complaining.

"I'm going to go change." I grumbled as I turned from Valak. A hand around my wrist stopped me. 

"Why? I like your fuzzy socks." He teased. I couldn't help the smile that found my lips. Valak was being more graphic than usual. 

"My socks, huh? I'm sure they're what you've been staring at all day." I shot back. 

Valak's smirk only grew wider. God, he needs to stop doing that, I'm sure he can smell my arousal now... or all this time.

Instead of gasping in shock, I sighed in contentment when Valak's lips were suddenly on mine. My hand automatically went to his neck, my fingers tangled themselves in his soft locks. He growled in approval when I tugged at his hair and bit into his bottom lip. He did the same, only his hands placed themselves on the curve of my ass and squeezed tightly. 

"Mm." I moaned into his mouth. 

His hands dipped past the waistband of my shorts and panties to grip my bare ass. I moaned and pulled his head closer to mine. He pinched and pulled at my globes of flesh. 

"Valak." I half moaned. 

"What, baby?" He said huskily against my lips. I pulled my lips from his, but just like always, his lips found their way to my neck and left heavy kisses. 

"Lilith is coming by soon." I said breathlessly. Valak's kisses halted, but he didn't pull away from my neck. 

"Why?"

"Because I asked her to." I said trying to step out of his hold. 

Valak didn't say anything as he unlocked his arms from my waist and took a step back.