Chapter Two

Kara smiled while she loosened her yellow and black tie. She was thankful James had come through with the butterbeer for Lena. Kara was very glad he actually felt like he owed her after helping him get back together with Lucy before she graduated last year. Kara hadn't actually planned on taking advantage of his offer, but- Kara winced when she thought about the events that had unfolded earlier that night- desperate times call for desperate measures.

"Hey! Danvers! For the last time! No skipping in the hallways!" Professor Snapper yelled, peeking out from his office.

"Sorry! Sorry, Professor." She sighed, slowing down to a careful walk. "One foot in front of the other! Walking! I've got it, no big deal." She smiled at him, watching him roll his eyes and slam his office door shut. Kara continued walking for a few seconds, before continuing to skip towards the Hufflepuff common room. She might have ended up stopping at the kitchens first for two bowls of ice cream, though.

Kara smiled at the sight of her sister in her crumpled Gryffindor robes draped over the couch in the center of the Hufflepuff common room. Alex came around so often, it was a common sight to see her sleeping on one surface or another waiting for Kara to come back.

"Alex..." Kara whispered, holding a bowl of ice cream in front of Alex's face. "Alex, wake up..." Kara giggled when she heard Alex mumble the word 'food'. "Alex... I've got ice cream." She whispered, laughing when Alex's eyes shot open, zoning in on the bowl of ice cream Kara was holding up in front of her face.

Alex grunted. "You-" She pointed at Kara incriminatingly and glared. "You- wait first, give me that." She snatched the bowl out of Kara's grip and sat up, crossing her legs. After taking a huge bite, she said, "Where were you? Do you know what time it is?!" Kara looked at the grandfather clock in the corner of the room.

"Ten in the morning?" Kara asked, squinting at the clock.

"No- Kara! It's-" Alex stopped to look at her wrist watch. "It's three in the morning!" She shoved the watch into Kara's face. "Three! In! The! Morning!"

"Okay! Okay... I'm sorry!" Kara laughed. "There was um- well there was a problem." She sighed, looking at her bowl of ice cream and taking a massive bite.

Alex raised her eyebrow. "A problem." She deadpanned. "A problem?! It's been- It's been two days since your last problem!" Her voice raised in volume with every syllable.

"Alex- shh!" Kara whispered, shifting her eyes to look at the few students napping it out in the common room. "Just- let's go upstairs." Kara sighed. "I've got a lot to talk about, and it'd be awesome if you didn't wake anyone up."

Alex narrowed her eyes at Kara. "Why would you think I'd be yelling at you-" Alex gasped. " What did you do ." She angrily whispered.

"Just- just wait until we're in my room before you start accusing me of things!" Kara said, rolling her eyes and grabbing Alex's hand, marching them upstairs.

"Remind me again how you got a private room as a sixth year, and how I, your wonderful seventh year sister got stuck on the common floor again?" Alex muttered, as they made their way up the stairs.

"Hufflepuffs like cuddling, remember?" Kara laughed. "I talk too much in my sleep apparently. They were all very nice about it though." She smiled and cupped her hands onto the small door connected to the common floor dorms and whispered, "Pot stickers." The door opened, revealing a small bedroom decorated with posters of quidditch teams on the wall, surrounded with string lights. A small bed sat in the corner next to a pile of robes and assorted items of clothing Kara was too lazy to put up in her closet.

Alex plopped down on Kara's bed, sighing contently and continuing to devour her ice cream. She watched as Kara flipped on the string lights and shut off the overhead lights, allowing the room to emit a soft glow. Kara sighed and sat down next to Alex and crossed her legs.

"Spit it out." Alex sighed, resting her head on Kara's shoulder.

"I met Lena Luthor today- I mean, well- Winn sort of crashed into her? Because-"

"Winn crashed into Lena Luthor?!"

Kara winced. "He- um, he fell on top of her."

"How-" Alex snapped, dropping her spoon into the soupy ice cream. "How did you manage to do that."

"We were-" Kara swallowed, glancing away from Alex's intense glare. "We were beating Mon-El up for stealing Winn's wand." Kara lowered her voice. "I think he has a crush on Winn though, so it's okay. Totally fine."

"Okay hold up." Alex held up her hand, effectively stopping Kara from interrupting. "So Mon-El stole Winn's wand because you think he can't understand his feelings for Winn-"

"Yes-"

"... and so you two decided to beat him up until he gave back Winn's wand?"

"Yes!"

"Kara, how is any of this making sense in your mind? How did Winn end up tackling Lena? Kara, what am I missing here?!" Alex said, exasperatedly.

"Let me explain!" Kara took a deep breath. "Mon-El threw Winn's wand after I punched him a bunch and Winn went to go catch it and so he jumped up and then landed on Lena and then Lena passed out because- well okay Winn is surprisingly heavy, so-"

"Kara! Slow down- please." Alex's voice cracked. Kara looked up to see Alex massaging her temples. "Why are you like this." She whispered.

"I- I'm sorry Alex, it seemed like the right thing to do at the time." Kara said, wrapping her arms tightly around Alex.

"Oh- you're- don't give me the puppy dog eyes- you're not off the hook yet! What happened to Lena Luthor." Alex whispered angrily.

"Uh well, I stayed with her in the infirmary until she woke up and then gave her a butterbeer." Kara said cautiously, eyeing Alex from the corner of her eye.

Alex got up from Kara's bed. "Alright, I've had enough stupid for the day." She kissed the top of Kara's head. "Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow." She turned to look at Kara before she opened the door. "Try not to do anything I wouldn't do by breakfast, okay?"

"Sure."

" Kara ."

"Okay! Okay! Love you too!" Kara called out as the door was closing.