Chapter Six

"You-" Lena stared at Kara in disbelief. "You want to teach me how to play quidditch?"

"Yes!" Kara grinned. "It'll be eas-"

"Don't finish that sentence." Lena snapped and then sighed when she saw Kara's face fall. "Have you even ever taught anyone how to play..." She asked gently. "Like ever?"

"No." But it can't really be that hard, right?" Kara said, looking at Lena hopefully.

"I-" Lena rubbed her forehead with her hand. "I've never even gotten on a broom, let alone played the game, Kara."

"You've never gotten on a broom?" Kara gasped.

"I haven't."

" But why? Flying is the most incredible feeling ever!"

"So I've been told." Lena sighed. "Mother forbade me. It's not," She rolled her eyes. "ladylike."

"That's- that's ridiculous!" Kara spluttered. She marched over to where her broom was lying and picked it up. "That's it, I'm teaching you." She turned around and glared at Lena, stopping her from interrupting. "No arguments."

Lena sighed and looked at Kara. "How are we even going to do this?" She gestures towards the broom in Kara's hand. "You only have one broom, anyways!"

Kara rubbed the back of her neck. "I thought it'd be a good idea to start off together." Her cheeks pinkened. "J-just until you get the hang of it."

Lena stared at Kara, speechless. "Wh- what do you mean by together?"

"Like, um, well, you could hold onto me while I fly us around?" Kara blushed.

On one hand, Lena knew this wouldn't actually teach her anything. On the other hand, for some explicable reason, she was drawn to the idea of riding on a broom with Kara.

Lena decided to ignore her trepidations and agree. She huffed out a sigh. "Fine-" She put up her finger at Kara. "But! You have to take this seriously!"

She rubbed her forehead with her hand when Kara began to bounce around excitedly. Maybe this isn't such a good idea.

This is the greatest idea I've ever agreed to! Lena thought as she tightly held onto Kara's hips feeling the cold wind whip around her.

"Isn't it amazing?!" Kara yelled, slightly looking back to gauge Lena's reaction.

"Yes!" Lena yelled back, exhilarated. "How have I never done this before?!"

Kara laughed and leaned forward, speeding the broom up. Tears from the wind flooded both of the girls' eyes but they were both enjoying themselves too much to care. Kara gently turned the broom to the right towards the main castle and Lena grabbed on tighter, wrapping her arms around Kara's midsection.

Kara's heart stopped when she felt Lena's nose touch the back of her neck. She let out a shaky breath.

"Kara! Watch out-"

Kara's eyes focused on what was ahead of them. Her eyes widened.

"Shit!" Kara yelped, swerving suddenly to avoid an incoming tower. "Fuck!" The broom spun out of control and quickly nosedived towards the lake.

"Do something!" Lena yelled, holding tighter and tightly clenched her eyes shut. Kara's sweater was bunched up in her fists.

Kara pulled upwards at the broom, urging it to stop descending. "C'mon..." She muttered. "Come on! Don't give up on me!" She tugged harder, mist from the lake hitting her face as they got closer to the surface of the semi frozen lake.