Chapter Twelve

Kara woke up with a massive headache. The sun streaming directly onto her face didn't help. Kara groaned. Loudly. She slowly cracked her eyes open, bringing a hand up to shield the blinding sun from her face. She peeked over to her clock. She grumbled a bit and turned over. For the first time in her life, Kara didn't want to get up.

No, Kara thought, you have to face the day. Even if it kills you.

She groaned again and sat up.

"Think of something positive, Kara. You can do this." Kara took in a deep breath and stretched her arms over her head. A name popped into her head immediately. " Lena. " She smiled a bit and slowly got out of bed. At least Kara had something to look forward to during breakfast.

Kara grabbed a towel and made her way out of her room and to the showers, wanting to have a pleasant start to her morning. She tried avoiding all thoughts of Alex.

Tried is the key word.

Kara's lips quirked upwards when she saw Lena sitting at the Hufflepuff table, reading a book with a bag on the seat next to her. She slowly walked up. "Are you saving a seat for someone?"

Lena smiled continued to look at her book. "Yeah- I kind of am. For my girlfr-" She jumped a bit when she looked up and saw Kara's puffy eyes. "Are you okay?" She said concernedly and moved her bag onto the floor next to her feet.

Kara sighed and sat down next to Lena. "I- yeah. Sort of. Well, actually-" She rubbed the back of her neck. "Not really. Got- I got into a fight with Alex."

"Oh. I'm sorry." Lena said lowly, moving her hand up to push a piece of hair behind Kara's ear.

Kara smiled gently and leaned into the touch. She sighed. "It's alright. This is just- just the worst fight we've had. Like ever."

Lena frowned and hummed with understanding.

Kara cleared her throat. "Anyways, what was- what was this about saving this seat for your girlfriend?"

Lena squeaked and blushed, hand freezing on Kara's cheek. "Was- was that not okay-"

Kara laughed. "Oh, it was definitely okay." She grinned. "Took you long enough-" She was cut off by Lena lightly slapping her cheek.

"Uh-uh. I was waiting on you."

Kara snorted. "Okay- sure. Whatever makes you feel better." She stuck her tongue out at Lena, who stuck her tongue right back.

"Hey Kara-" Kara turned to see Winn freezing in front of them. "A-and Lena Luthor!" He squeaked.

"Hey, Winn." Kara smiled. Winn sat down across from them, nervously clutching the straps of his backpack. He stared at Kara and then down at Lena's hand, touching Kara's arm.

"Heeyyy..." Winn winced. "Sorry about that one time I totally like tackled you? That was super rude. Like and sorry you passed out and-"

"Winn."

Winn looked up, as if he was surprised to see Lena speak. His eyes widened when Lena smiled at him.

"It's okay. I know it was an accident."

Winn let out a huge sigh of relief and dropped his bag onto the floor. "Wow! That's a relief." And looked up at Kara and smiled widely. "Are you two like dating now."

Both girls blushed and Winn laughed. "I think I have my answer. Oh! And before I forget- Kara-" He said excitedly. "Guess who has a date for Hogsmeade this weekend?!"

"Is it y-"

"That's right! Me!" Winn pumped his fist into the air. "Mon-El like actually asked me out last night." He laughed. "Like he freaking stared at me through the shelves in the library until I noticed and walked over- and let me say- I only noticed because I've never seen him in the library."