Chapter Fourteen

Kara clenched her fist tightly around her wand. The dark kitchen was illuminated by the dangerous spell thrown around her. She took in a deep breath, waiting for an opportunity to retaliate against whoever was attacking her.

Crack! The counter she was hiding behind got chipped away by another spell. Kara closed her eyes, steadying herself. Crack!

Immediately after the next attack she jumped up and sent a spell flying back. Red light sparked out of her wand as she shouted, "Stupefy!". She heard a groan and a thump. She ducked down again, waiting to see if her attacker would send out another spell. A few seconds passed. Nothing.

She slowly got up from behind the counter and stepped towards the direction of where she heard the initial groan. Kara gasped when she saw Hufflepuff robes pooled on the floor around a still body.

"Jacobs." She whispered, immediately identifying the person. It was Miles Jacobs. The idiot who stole her quidditch position. She waved her hand, summoning his wand out of his limp grip. Kara waved her hand and created rope ties to bind his arms and legs tightly together.

Kara stood over him and waited for him to come back to consciousness. After a few minutes he groaned and squinted his eyes open.

"Where's Alex." Kara said, watching his eyes snap to her face and then to his restraints with panic.

"I don't-"

"You're not fooling me." Kara snapped.

Jacobs sighed.

"Why are you doing this?" Kara whispered. She bent down. "Who told you to do this."

"I don't have to tell you anything."

Kara painfully pushed her wand against his side. "Say that again?"

Jacobs grunted with pain. "You don't scare me."

Kara laughed. "I should scare you." She twisted her wand. "You see- for some reason I can't find my sister and-" She pulsed energy through her wand, shocking the boy. "I'm going to do anything to find her."

Jacobs yelled with surprise and pain. "You- you have to do better than that-"

Kara released the grip on her wand and quickly raised her fist to punch Jacobs square in the nose.

" Fuck! " He yelled, struggling against the ropes again. A trickle of blood ran down to his lip.

"I have no problems punching you again, Jacobs." Kara sighed shaking her hand. "Now where is Alex. "

"You should ask Maggie." He grunted, closing his eyes. "She's higher up than me."

Kara stormed out of the kitchen, doors flying behind her. She dragged Jacobs behind her with a simple 'follow' spell.

"Hey! I'm getting all scraped up!" He yelled as she walked faster through the halls of Hogwarts.

"Do me a favor and shut up ." She gritted out, turning left. She stopped in front of a few gargoyles.

"Where are we-"

" Shut up. " Kara yelled, while hitting one of the gargoyles on the head. "Let me in it's an emergency." She said urgently. The stone wall in front of her opened. She quickly walked through, Jacobs hitting the side of the entrance and yelping as she walked in. The wall closed behind them.

"Oh, well this is a surprise." A voice said from above. "That gargoyle only opens up for emergencies- hm, well I suppose this is very interesting." Kara looked up and watched as Professor Grant descended from the area above the bookshelves.