Chapter 24 (end)

“Prof- Professor! Wait!”

Kara froze in the hallway and slowly turned around. “I- Jack? What’s wrong?” She looked down at the out of breath third year worriedly.

“Evan-” Jack panted, clutching his stomach. “Evan- told me y-you fought the Dark Lord. And beat him up!”

“Where did Evan hear that?” Kara squinted at the boy in front of her.

Jack squeaked and scrambled to stand up straighter, puffing out his chest. Kara shook her head and crossed her arms

“Are you afraid of me now, Jack?”

“I- no .”

“Jack I’m still Professor Danvers. Nothing has changed.”

“Oh. Right. Sorry.” He slumped down a bit but then looked up at Kara again. “Is it true though?”

Kara laughed and nodded, turning back to walk away. She heard his small “woah” and shook her head.

Kara stared at the class whispering to each other in front of her. Glances kept being thrown at her from every side of the room. She sighed and leaned back on her desk at the front of the room. Defence Against The Dark Arts didn’t look like it would get taught today. Kara put down the piece of chalk in her hand.

“Who has questions.”

Everyone in the class raised their hands. Kara rubbed her forehead and took a deep breath. She pointed at a girl in the front of the room.

“Did you really not use magic to defeat Lex Luthor?”

“Not exactly,” She walked to the front of her desk and sat down on the edge. “I used magic to enhance my physical attacks.” Kara pointed to a boy towards the door.

“Can you use wandless magic?”

“Yes.”

“Can you teach us?”

“There is a lesson in your sixth year in case one of you is naturally gifted.” The clock on Kara’s desk clicked a few times to indicate the end of class. “Class dismissed.”

Kara settled into the seat next to Lena the teachers table in the Great Hall. Lena smiled at her and gently ran a finger along Kara’s forearm under the table. Kara took in a shuddering breath.

“How was your day?” Lena asked lowly, continuing to lightly trace her finger against Kara’s skin.

“Good- I- students found out about me and Lex.”