Part 6: First Family Vacay

In one word, my world had changed.

I was now Mrs. Tatiana Natalie Thorson, or Mrs. Niklaus Thorson, or something like that now.

By the time we landed, the wedding was arranged, and I had dresses to choose from. Niklaus basically took care of everything, I didn't have much input, but truthfully, his choices were alright by me. We did know each other well at one time, and he went off that. We took some nice wedding pictures, though, and Reina made a wonderful flower girl. They were a bittersweet reminder of how we used to be. It had all the signs of a shotgun wedding, but there was no baby on the way. This "baby" was running around our vacation home with a Cheagle in tow within minutes of our vacation home arrival.

"I call this room!" She yelled excitedly.

"Why is that, princess?" Niklaus called. He pulled out a laptop. His expression turned into a frown when he looked at me. "Order groceries."

I stilled and rolled my eyes at my new husband. I had no problem with that, but he spoke to me as if I was not his equal, or someone to respect. I opted to follow him to hear the reason Reina picked the room, too. I could do that a little later.

Reina smiled and did a sweeping gesture toward the corner of the room. "Doggy bed!" She picked Thor up and dropped him in it. "I call this room! K, Daddy?"

I shook my head, and glanced up at him, smiling. He smiled back, but then it faded slightly. I saw the anger return just like that. I managed to keep my face the same, though it hurt. 

"Your room, sweetie." He nodded. "But remember, this is a vacation home."

"This isn't our house?"

Niklaus laughed. "This is a place where families go on vacation." He came down on one knee. "Haven't you ever been on vacation?"

"Like we go to a hotel?"

"Yes," Niklaus nodded.

Reina thought about it. "We went to Great America and American Mall--"

"Mall of America, sweetie," I corrected.

"Well those were...Mommy and Me vacations," Niklaus shrugged with a grin. "We are on our first family vacation."

Reina jumped into her father's arms, causing Thor to yip with excitement, and Niklaus to laugh happily. I felt a twinge of guilt. The two seemed like peas in a pod. "What are we gonna do?"

"Oh, I don't know, we'll think of something." He smoothed her hair, similar to his in color. "How about we get the tablet and see what trouble we can get into?" After watching her give an excited nod, he looked up at me. "Don't you have groceries to order?"

I felt like I'd been slapped in the face. He made me feel like the help, not his wife or even the mother of his child. "Yes, so much to discuss later." I let him see the anger in my eyes despite my smile, and I warmly directed my next comment to Reina. "Tell me what you guys come up with, okay?"

Reina was oblivious. She was way too excited to have a father, and a handsome man who played a demigod on television was beyond any child's scope of dreams. "I'll go get the tablet!" She raced out of the room and Thor followed.

Niklaus rose to his feet, his face now an angry mask.

I looked up at him defiantly. "You will never address  me that way in front of my child--"

"Our child...Tiana."

He hadn't called me that since he asked me to marry him, the warmth and familiarity disarming. I took a deep breath. "We have a lot to discuss."