Part 23: Explanations

(Thorson comes to the cavern of Mida. He looks around the cavern for her.)

Thorson: Mida? Mida!

Mida: (hobbling into view) I knew I would see you again, soon. What brings you here, young demigod?

Thorson: I...need to speak to my...my father.

Mida: (quiet for a moment, then speaks) So...you know the truth. (moves deeper into the cave)

Thorson: I want to speak with him. I need to speak with Himmel. (follows her) I know you can do this, I have heard things. Name your price.

Mida: Nothing I will ask of you for this. You are paying enough for what was done. Come with me. (Thorson follows her to a mirror.) I do require some of your blood. (Thorson puts out his hand, and Mida cuts it. She wipes the blood with a feather, and writes symbols on the mirror. She steps back and whispers words. The mirror opens.) There isn't much time. Go.

(Thorson steps through.)

(He is greeted with a lush forest on a mountain

(He is greeted with a lush forest on a mountain. He wanders through, looking around. Then he sees a light above the trees that begins to descend. He stops and watches as the light stops and hovers a few feet above the forest floor.)

Voice of Himmel: I am Himmel. Come.

(Thorson follows the voice to a clearing where the scenery becomes color. The light begins to change.)

Himmel: I have been waiting for you

Thorson: (hesitantly) You have?

Himmel: Sooner or later, I knew you would seek me out, want to find the truth. What do you want to know?

Thorson: You are my father, then?

Himmel: That I am.

Thorson: What happened?

Himmel: Godin and I were friends, but also fierce competitors. Your mother caught our attentions. First it was a light pursuit, but as feelings deepened between your mother and me, a rift began to form between Godin and me. He became more competitive, more angry. He felt that Elena and he were better suited-better matched, but we loved each other. We got into a bitter quarrel, swords drawn, powers summoned. It tore Elena apart to see us this way, so I bested him, and walked away. In a fit of anger he threw his fire sword, and it was a true hit. Elena held me in her arms as I passed to the skies. He married her, but she was already carrying you. He took you as his own. She stayed in the mountains mostly, so I could be closer to you. She had Elizabeth and Evan after you, and then she retreated to the skies when they became of age and you were summoned to the dome together.