Part 18: Rescue

(Evan and Thorson are standing in the highest point of the dome where the sky can be seen.)

Evan: Are you ready? The moon can't get any higher.

Thorson:  (looks at the full moon) Yes, yes, I'm ready. (He closes his eyes and presses the stone against his heart. A beam of moonlight hits the stone and it begins to glow. He opens his eyes, and they are white for a few seconds before returning to normal color.)

Evan: Well?

Thorson: She is beneath our feet.

Evan: What do you mean-- (looks incredulous) in the old dungeons?!

Elizabeth: (Enters the scene) Then we have no time to waste.

Evan: Elizabeth, you promised!

Thorson: (grabs Evan by the front of his tunic) Can't keep your big mouth shut--

Elizabeth: It's his heart and mind he cannot keep shut, brother. Evan kept everything from Father, but not me. We're only minutes apart in birth, remember? Did you really think I would not want to rescue my own niece?

Thorson: (smiling) I didn't think of it that way, sister. (hugs her) I'm sorry.

Elizabeth: What Father did was wrong, and we need to right it. Let's go!

(The three hurry down two winding staircases, one decorative and one of moss and stone, showing age and wear.)

(The hall was dark with small bonfires lighting the way. Inhuman noises sound from nowhere.)

Evan:  Do you hear that?

Thorson: I do.

Elizabeth: Whatever is down here, it is kept by those above. We are---(Small goblins come from everywhere, some bearing weapons, other simply baring fangs. Evan and Thorson get ready to charge, but Elizabeth sends light with a wave of her hand, sending the creatures packing)--we are more powerful.