Part 21: Home Again, Home Again

Evan: What is it, brother? How are things?

Thorson: Rei is doing well. (smiles) She is so strong.

Evan: (chuckles) She is half demigod, Thorson. What of Thea?

Thorson: I don't know.  She is eating better.  Elizabeth has been a miracle to her. She gets out of bed now, even takes care of Rei.

Evan: What is it?

Thorson: Nightmares. She has terrible and violent nightmares. She sleeps well enough if I am close by, but has them when I am not. I...don't know what to do.

Evan: You've got to figure out a way to get rid of them for her. You'll be at the dome tonight?

Thorson: Yes, count on it.

Evan: It's getting harder to make excuses for you, brother. Do you know what you're doing?

Thorson: Whatever it is , I will figure out. I do not regret what I have done, not for a second.

Thea: (fearfully) Thorson?!

Thorson: (sits up straight and reaches inside his tunic to hold a stone on a chain) I have to go--

Evan: You had another made?

Thorson: Yes. I have to go.

Thea: Thorson!

(Thorson walks away from his brother and goes to the cave where he hid Thea and Rei

(Thorson walks away from his brother and goes to the cave where he hid Thea and Rei. He walks past Rei, who is napping by the fire and to the bedchamber to find Thea sitting up, breathing hard and scared.)

Thorson: Another nightmare?

Thea: Yes, yes...I'm sorry.

Thorson: (removes his cloak, and sits next to her on the bed, pulling her into his arms) Can you tell me now?

Thea: (wide-eyed) What?

Thorson: What happened? (she shakes her head, and he squeezes her gently) Please, Thea, I need to know.