Chapter 1

Bellamy

I looked up at the clock hanging on the wall.  I needed perfect timing.  If I went too early, the principal would catch me and send me back to my class, but if I went too late the doors to the bus would just close, leaving Octavia on the bus all alone.  I couldn't let that happen.  The big hand struck the 12 right at that moment, and that was my cue.  I heard a big explosion suddenly, coming from somewhere inside the school.  Principal Jaha's office.  I grinned to myself as I quickly slipped out the front doors of the school and towards the line of kids boarding the big white bus.  Principal Jaha, assistant principal Kane, and secretary Griffin, all momentarily distracted by the explosion from inside the school, had their backs to me as I boarded the bus easily.  

Once I sat in the very first seat, lowering myself so no one could see me, I breathed a sigh of relief.  My stink bomb had worked.  I had made it by stealing some stuff from the chemistry lab, and had wisely placed it in Jaha's office, timing the explosion perfectly.  No one was hurt of course.  Well, if you don't count the fact that Jaha probably would never be able to smell anything in his office besides gas ever again.  

Right on time, the bus doors closed, locking all of the 100 in.  Well, 101 now.

All throughout the trip to The 100 Academy, rowdy teenagers messed around.  A guy a year younger than me or so got up from his seat as soon as we had taken off, running around and jumping over seats, causing stern words from a blonde girl in the back.  She looked angry.  Like an angry little princess.  Shouts were thrown around the bus, giving me a headache, until, an hour later, we arrived at the Academy.  Wow.

As we pulled up into the front of the school, everyone's mouths dropped open.  The building was at least seven stories, made up white marble and a glass domed roof.  Large black front doors matched the millions of black balconies that were lined up at the top few floors.  Those must be the dorms.  Everyone in the bus was quiet as the doors to the bus opened.  Nobody moved.  I mean, how could we?  This school used to be open, generations and generations ago, but it had closed down for some reason.  But now, we were back.  Well, the 100 were back and I just tagged along.  

Suddenly, everyone on the bus started pushing each other, trying to get out the bus door first.  I quickly got up before someone got hurt.

"HEY!  Everyone settle down, you'll all be able to get off the bus right now." I yelled, my voice deeper than I expected.  My words seemed to calm everyone down, at least for the time being.  It was in that moment of silence that I heard her voice.

"Bellamy?  Bell?" her voice was soft and sweet, still innocent.  A pretty wide eyed girl suddenly emerged from the crowd of the bus, everyone watching her fluid movements.  It was Octavia.

"O!" I grabbed her around the waist and hugged her, squeezing her into my chest.  We hadn't seen each other in a few years, ever since they took her away.  I heard whispers suddenly surround us and I could hear just the faintest words.

"That's the girl that was taken away from her family." "The mother wasn't supposed to have her." "Is that Octavia Blake?"

I felt Octavia stiffen at the whispers being heard, her hands squeezing my jacket.  I put her at arms length and looked into her eyes.  "Give them something to think of you other than that girl that was taken away.  Be the first person from Skaikru to step into The Academy." Octavia nodded bravely, smiling gratefully.  While everyone watched and held their breath, Octavia quickly descended the bus stairs, every step heightened from excitement.  I watched with proud eyes.  My sister was the most amazing amazing person, and I'm glad she would be finally able to prove that.  She took a step off the bus and walked towards the front doors.  We all followed her off the bus and to the front doors, still behind her.  Octavia grabbed the door knob and turned it.  The door opened with a loud creak, and she stepped inside.  Her footsteps echoed across the empty building, letting everyone around hear her exact movements.  Her smile was huge and toothy as she threw her arms in the air.

"We're back, bitches!" she screamed, making everyone scream behind her.