ONS 22

K E N T

"Are you ready?" Hens asked me as I just finished the meeting today.

"Oo, naihanda mo ba?"

"Nasa office mo na kanina pang umaga." He answered and we walked out the conference room.

Two days ago, Mr. Chui, Maverick called Hens as he wanted to arrange a meeting with me. Nang makausap ko siya sa isang phone call, akala ko ay about sa stock ang pag uusapan namin dahil naka received ako ng report that I was the leading investor in his company, next to his. Pero hindi pala, he found out sooner the real thing about Gabriella.

I remember his voice, it was a mixed anger and sadness. Even though I can't see him, I can feel it. I have felt it also, that's why I know the feeling.

Inutusan ko si Hens na kunin ang memory box sa kwarto. It was filled by all the memories we've had with Gabriella. Our wedding albums, wedding certificate, kids' albums, her hospital conditions, proofs and other stuff that are hers and mine.

Yesterday, I knew I needed to decide. I drank myself out. As much as possible, I needed to keep it myself. I do not like informing the kids. I really don't know what to do. God knows how much I love Gabriella. Kahit ni isang katiting, hindi nag bago ang pagmamahal ko sa kanya. She is my wife and the mother of my children.

As much as I wanted na sisihin ang lahat kay kuya William, I need to take all the blame on me. I was too late. I ran away, but I didn't come back sooner. Mas pinatagal ko pa, and looking at her now, she needed and deserved all the love she could receive.

Maibibigay naman sana namin iyon sa kanya, but it was too late and so complicated.

I entered my office and saw Maverick sitting in front of my desk. I went up to him and offered a handshake, I was expecting no return of shake hands but he gladly took it.

"Thank you for letting me meet you."

"I should be the one to say thank you." I smiled and led him to my mini living room inside my office. He was seated and I sat in front of him. I asked Hens for a coffee.

"When did you find out?" I asked him, directly.

"Last week, when we ate together with Kirstine, her fiance and your kids."

I nodded, Kirstine told me about it. Napagalitan ko pa nga siya because the kids were so down after what happened there.

"Nag ipon-ipon na rin siguro lahat, simula sa umpisa."

I nodded again "I really don't know what to say. But, I have to apologize because you are already involved here."

"Right." He said and nodding his head "I just want to ask if you really planned all of it? From asking about their land, and helping me out. I mean, I really don't want to create a bad image of you in my mind as I admire you, your business oriented personality but please be honest if...if you've done it because of Gabriella, or because you really wanted to help."

He sounded desperate, he sounded annoyed rather than anger yet he was calm.

"Honestly, I am already planning to buy their land from the very start. Hindi ko nga alam na kayo na ang may hawak noon. I have been tailing Gabriella ever since she graduated, so I know you already. All that happened was a coincidence. You may ask Hens, and my researchers."

"Hindi mo ako tutulungan, dahil bukod sa may atraso sayo ang kapatid ko, I am no one. Nang dahil kay Gabriella kaya ka nag invest sa kompanya namin." He sounded cold this time.

I shook my head "Maverick, look at yourself first before you tell me that."

He sighs "So I was right."