ONS 29

***

K E N T

I got home at four a.m., exhausted but happy to see the love of my life, sleeping together with the kids; something I never expected to happen, but it did.

I was just staring at them, leaning against my doors, beaming from ear to ear as I watched them sleep peacefully. Callie is hugging her mom, while Finn is sleeping on her back. Rylan's left foot was on her mom's back, facing Dylan, who was sleeping alongside him.

I never imagined this day would come, my prayers have been sent and granted. Hindi pa nga lang natutupad ang panalangin ko na sana pang habang buhay ang samahan na ganito, but who knows. Ayokong pangunahan, I was just grateful that these little things are finally happening.

I carefully closed the door and went to the kitchen to prepare their breakfast. I informed Hens that I'll be late today. I called Shane and told her that she must go to Kirstine to check her head. I was really mad when she told me what happened, but the image of Gabriella with the kids this morning helps to ease the anger to our children.

My children are well-known to me. They have some misunderstandings, but they haven't gotten to the point of fist fights or physical violence. Kaya nang malaman ko ang nangyari kagabi, I was shocked and frustrated.

I cooked their breakfast and had my morning coffee. I opened all our curtains in the living room; which I rarely do, and waited for the sun to rise. I heated Dylan's food, and prepared the table.

"Hi."

I was startled when she talked behind me, she chuckled while wiping her morning glory.

"Anong oras ka nakauwi?" She asked, her voice was kinda husky in the morning.

"Four AM." Tumingin ako sa wrist watch ko "It's six, do you usually wake up at this time?"

Umiling siya at tumawa saka dumiretso sa coffee maker "Nahh, I usually wake up late but then I was woken up by the smell of bacon's."

I smiled and sat on one of the chairs "Thank you, thank you for staying."

"Of course, boss." She said, rolling her eyes at me which made both of us laugh.

She sat on a chair in front of me and sipped her coffee "Uggh, why does the coffee here taste good?" She asked "Oh! By the way, I borrowed your shirt."

"Sure, you can use all my clothes if you want next time."

It was a normal talk, and she told me about what happened yesterday. She was quite amazed how my kids behaved and knew what to do discipling theirselves.

"Thinking chair was my wife's idea. I applied it when they were little. They'd face the wall and reflect." I said "When they get older sabi ko, sitting isn't enough. So I upgraded it, I let them stand."

Her laugh was contagious, and she was so cute. Uggh, I can't stand sitting on my chair, looking at this gorgeous laughing woman in front of me. Her face was becoming red due to laughing.

"You are such a mean daddy."

"Nope, I did that because it should be done by that."

She nodded "But you told me it's your wife's idea, 'my wife'.. So you're married to her?"

Oh my goodness, this woman. I'm not sure how I'm going to keep it from her if she keeps asking questions. My mind told me not to say it, but my heart screamed YES!

"Yeah, we're actually married." I said "I'm not gonna lie, and you'll be surprised if I told you this."

"Why? Is this some kind of a movie like The Vow? Where they were secretly married and the girl had amnesia and they were the only ones who knew they were married?!" She said non-stop and laughed at herself but then her expression changed when she knew something was off as I nodded at her.