ONS 20

G A B R I E L L A

I really don't know what to feel right now.

"Babe, believe me. I did my best to convince him. Hindi ko na isinama sa papel ang lupa just what we agreed upon to. He's my last resort, I am stuck between you and him."

I nodded as an answer to him. It's not his fault, this is entirely my father's fault. We have no idea that the land wasn't ours anymore.

"It's okay babe, let's wait for kuya. Bukas siya darating. You still have three days pa naman right?"

He went near me and hugged me "I'm sorry."

I hugged him back "There's no need if we're going to fight about this. Hindi mo kasalanan."

I informed my tito's and tita about this, even mom. I was so frustrated about the situation wherein all of us are clueless. We haven't talked to that yet, and we wanted to go to dad to talk to him in person.

That property was a treasure. It came from our forefathers. We weren't raised there, but it was a big part of our lives.

"Babe, I think I know why he's so interested in our property." I told him.

"Hm? Why?"

"That's his hometown, his province."

I know he has a confused look on his face "You may not believe me, but he is a childhood friend of mine. I last saw him when I was seven years old, just before I moved to France for good. Perhaps that's why he seems familiar to me. His nanay was one of our cooks, and we used to play together all the time. He even stated that he would plant a large number of mango trees even if they already existed, sabi niya mas pupunoin niya pa so he could be rich."

"You remember those things?"

I nodded "Yes. Just the cute moments."

He smiled "He is indeed a dream catcher. Look at him now." He said and faced me smiling "I look up to him so much, hindi biro mag palago ng kompanya. And he did it while still being a celebrity."

I pouted "Hmf, that's why you wanted to sell our land."

Napasimangot siya na ikinatawa ko "Babe naman."

"I know. I know. I was just joking."

We decided to come to my studio. It was almost done. I am so happy I can have a place on my own. Maverick helped me purchase my equipment and the things I needed. Kahit alam kong super busy siya, he always insists to help.

The next morning, kuya came. I went to my mom's house since doon ang diretso niya. Maverick is in his office so I drove myself there. Nadatnan ko silang nag uusap sa garden kasama si ate Armina.

"Hello." I greeted and kissed everyone "What did I miss?"

"You're just in time." Kuya smiled and hugged me.

I sat down and sighs "So mom."

"Hindi ko din alam kung ano nangyari sa daddy niyo. We seldom call each other now kaya hindi niya nasasabi sa akin ang about sa lupa. At for sure, wala siyang balak sabihin sa akin o kanino man."

"He planned this all along?" Kuya asked in frustration.

"No, it was sudden." I told them "Maverick told me how they got it. Dad maybe was carried away on losing, that's why."

Napailing si kuya "It was a 50 hectare land. It costs four about half a billion pesos mom. Why the hell did he sell all of it? Isinulat niya lang?"

Mom massaged her head "Calm down William. Wala dito ang daddy mo para mag taas ka ng boses."