ONS 26

***

K E N T

"Daddy! The luggages!"

"Daddy hurry! Naghihintay na sila lola mommy sa baba!"

""We're going on a trip! We're going on a trip!"

I collected all our belongings in the living room. This day was hella tiring. The kids were roaming around the house, checking if they forgot something, others were checking all the outlets.

"All done!" Dylan said.

"Okay, kids! Come here first!"

They stand in front of me behavely "I want you all to be responsible and behave on our trip to Palawan okay? No one must give a clue to tita Kirstine, and follow the elderly. Is that clear?"

"Yes daddy."

"Okay, come on."

I checked once again the condo before going out with the kids. Saktong dumating ang mga alalay nila dad para tulungin kami sa mga dala naming gamit.

We're on our way to Kirstine's secret wedding in Palawan. Without Kirstine's knowledge, Xavier had planned it all along. Their wedding last month got postponed since Dylan was hospitalized, and our parents weren't back yet from their cruise ship vacation. Sa church talaga ang kasal nila, but Xavier changed everything.

He'll be opening a hotel and restaurant in Palawan, and Kirstine was just aware that we'd be there for the launching. Xyver asked permission to marry our sister a long time ago, and it was not surprising if he really did change the plan without informing us also.

"Ano ba yan anak, hindi ko na lang din talaga alam kung paano mo nakakayanan i-handle itong mga bata." Salubong sa amin ni mommy Bea.

"Ma, madali lang sabihan ang mga anak ko. They were mature enough to understand our situation."

"You did very well." She tapped my back and we went inside the van.

The trip was smooth, and we all gathered in a hotel and resort that will be launched. The kids weren't tired at all lalo na nang makita nila ang dagat kung saan kami tutuloy. Pasalamat nalang talaga ako dahil nandito si Lian at Kiko para tulungan ako sa mga anak ko.

I needed to attend a zoom meeting so I went ahead of the room at ibinilin ang mga bata sa pamilya ko. Even though I am on a vacation, I have a lot of things to do and being away was not an excuse.

***

"That's a great meeting Hens, thanks." I said to Hens on the screen.

"Ikaw pa. We'll be there tomorrow. Naghahanap pa kasi si Elle nang maisusuot."

"Sure, see you!"

Ibinaba ko ang tawag at napa hilamos ng mukha. My head aches a little. Binuksan ko ang bintana at nakitang palubog na ang araw. I looked at my watch and it's already six o'clock. Napahaba ang meeting ko sa isang investor with Hens.

I heard a knock on the door and I opened it, it was mommy Bea.

"You done anak?"

I nodded and hugged her "Yes ma, how's the kids going?"

She rubbed my back "The dinner's ready in the hall. They were already there. Pumasok kanina dito si Kiko, and told me you weren't done yet."

"Yeah, kakatapos ko lang makipag usap kay Mr. Villanueva about our joint venture with Metta Corporation. They are willing to invest once we're done with our proposal."