ONS 30

***

K E N T

"Kent, you need to see this."

Hens interrupted me in the office by entering without any notice. He gave me a couple of pictures I have never expected to see in the daylight. Tila napahawak ako sa sintindo sa nakitang litrato, at tumingin kay Hens sa hindi ko malamang reaksiyon.

"Where did you get these?"

"One of our private investigators. You ordered me to tail on William."

Ang mga litrato ay isang matinding ebidensya kapag nakita ng kapulisan. In the photo, William is clutching a gun, and next to him is a woman, who I believe is Senorita Isabel. Hugo, one of Seniorito's trusted men, was on the floor with blood all over him, and Senorito was on the verge of collapsing on the floor with his hands on his chest. Kinilabutan ako sa nakitang litrato, I felt the chills all over me.

Napatingin na lamang ako sa labas ng glass window ko, at tila iniisip ang mga nangyari nakaraang araw.

Hugo, who's in a critical condition, should have tight security. Kung kayang barilin siya ni William, maaaring patayin siya ng tuluyan para walang mag bulgar ng ginawa niya.

Napayuko ako at napahinga ng malalim. How could Senorita Isabel hide this from the authorities? From her children?

Of course, it's her son and their name will be in danger once the truth comes out.

"Kent." Narinig ko ang buntong hininga ni Hens "I think it has something to do with you."

Tumango ako. I know. I sensed something was wrong when I met Senorita Isabel with the kids from the last time. She told me to be careful. Her eyes that time were telling me something I should be aware of.

"Hens, please put some men in our condo. Wag lang ipahalata sa mga bata. Their safety is my priority. Higpitan mo din ang security dito sa building ng VerMont. Assigned some secret security too near Hugo's hospital room. Please do whatever you can."

"Sure, I'm on it."

Nang makalabas siya ay agad kong tinawagan si dad para sabihin ang nalalaman ko. I told him to meet me in my office. I hid the pictures in the envelope and locked it in my safe inside my office. I don't want anyone, especially Gabriella, to see this.

I know Kuya William well. He won't harm his family. Maaaring may galit na nabuo sa kanila ng daddy niya, pero hindi niya kayang patayin ito. He adored and treasured Gabriella so much, so I know he won't harm her. He saw me as his threat, and I know that he has planned something for me. Ngayon na pag tagpi-tagpi ko na ang mga pangyayari. I just need to be alive to ruin their plan.

***

G A B R I E L L A

There are no signs of recovery from daddy's body. He was still in a coma and on life support. I went back to the office and checked them from my monitor. Mom is on his side, while watching TV. I asked Tito Kenji if I could install some cameras in my dad's hospital bedroom so I could work without worry. He gladly helped me, and I was beyond grateful since I can monitor my mom and dad the entire day working.

"Ma'am... Sir Maverick's here." My secretary said as she entered the office and Maverick's who's behind her was bringing some flowers.

"Hi babe."

I smiled "Hi." I greeted him.

"I am still feeling bad so I bought some flowers." He said and kissed me when he got near. I smelled the flowers he got. "It's been weeks, babe, it has been resolved. We're okay now."