One

CAELUM'S POV-

I woke up with a start as I dreamed about my parents. For some reason aim not as saddened at the fact they died. Not as much as the fact I was left with my mother's family.

"Get up," Aunt Petunia shouted as she banged her hand against the door. I threw on some clothes and walked out of the cupboard to see Dudley. He held a finger to his lips and handed me a roll.

"Snuck it from Mom," he whispered as he handed it to me. "Eat quickly, before she notices."

"Thanks Dudley," I said after I ate. He nodded and ran into the kitchen. I followed and started cooking breakfast for them, just like I have everyday for the past nine years.

"Don't burn anything, Boy," Uncle Vernon said as he read his paper. "Unless you want to get burned too."

"Yes Uncle Vernon." When I first started cooking, at age two, Uncle Vernon found it wise to punish me whenever I did anything he found wrong. Usually the punishment matches the error. Whenever I break a plate, I get cut with a shard. Whenever I spill something, I either don't eat for three days, get slapped around, or both. Whenever I burn food-

"You idiot!" Vernon's scream made me realize I wasn't paying attention and burned the eggs a bit. "You know what this means Boy!"

He moved the pan and rolled up my sleeve before pressing my arm to the stove top. I clenched my teeth, trying not to scream. Whenever I scream, he only goes on longer.

* * *

I was locked in my cupboard without getting to rinse off the burn. Looking at the scars on my other arm reminded me it could have been worse.

When I was seven, he burned me so bad that it fully damaged my skin and I have a giant scar up my arm.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't related to these people. Except Dudley, because es actually nice to me. But I'm sick and tired of Vernon and Petunia.

Suddenly, the light in my cupboard went out and I couldn't hear Vernon's television anymore.

"Boy!" He shouted angrily as he stomped to the cupboard and dragged me out by my burnt arm.

"I swear I didn't do anything," I screamed.

"This is the last time I'll stand for your freakiness! I've had it with you!" He was about to throw me out when someone grabbed his shoulder. I looked up and saw a man with long blonde hair. Ha gave off this 'Don't mess with me' vibe, but Uncle Vernon being who he is said, "Where did you come from freak!?"

"I suggest you calmly remove your hands from the boy before I break them."

"Vernon, what's with all the shouting," Aunt Petunia asked as she entered the room.

The man pointed something at her and said something I couldn't understand. He did the same thing to Uncle Vernon before we quickly left the house. We walked down the road where the man opened the door of a car. I stepped in and realized it wasn't actually a car. It was a carriage.

"What's going on," I asked as I looked around.

"This carriage is enchanted so the muggles don't see."

"Muggles?"

"People who are non-magic."

"Magic? But magic isn't real."

"There is a lot you need to learn. But first, we must visit Gringotts."

"But- Who are you?"

"If I am correct, and te information presented to me is also, then I'm your father."