Eight

NO ONE POV

Caelum went to follow the Hufflepuff's to their basement and felt hinself be pulled to the side by another figure. He looked up and saw his fatger and brother standing there before he felt tears popping up again.

"Hey, whats wrong?" Severus asked his youngest as he gave him a hug.

"I'm sorry. I know you and Mum dont respect Hufflepuffs and I dont know why I was placed their and I should have been in Slytherin like Draco and-"

"Caelum calm down. We will love you no matter what house you are placed in. We are just grateful you werent in Gryffindor. I have a feeling that is where Dumbledore wanted you in the first place."

"You mean that?"

"Of course I do. You are always going to be our son, Hufflepuff or not."

Caelum smiled at his dad before he was involved in a group hug with his brother.

"Now then, I will get Professor Sprout to take you to the Hufflepuff basement while I get your brother to the dungeons."

Severus called over a small, plump looking woman in yellow robes before she introduced herself as his Head of House and the herbology professor. Caelum said goodbye to his father and brother and was lead away by Professor Sprout.

"I'm so glad to have you as one of my badgers, Caelum. I think you will enjoy your time as a Hufflepuff."

"T-thank you P-professor."

"Aww Dear. Are you shy?" Caelum nodded his head. "Many of my badgers are, so you have nothing to worry about. Here in Hufflepuff, many children are shy, especially around other students, but they eventually open up arpund their fellow badgers. Take Cedric Diggory for example. He used to keep to himself a lot, but now he has many friends and is only in his fifth year!"

"That's q-quite impressive."

"Alright dear. This is the entry way to the common room. There is a special way to get in that requires tapping the barrels in a certain pattern, but once inside, you will go towards the boys dormitories. You are sharing a room with a two young men named Ernie and Justin."

Professor Sprout told him the pattern and went on her way back to her office where Caelum went inside and found his room with Ernie and Justin.

"Hi. You must be Caelum," Ernie smiled while putting down a book as Caelum walked in.

"Wait. You're Professor Snape's kid?" Justin asked in excitement and slight fear as the smaller boy made his way to his bed and started to unpack his trunk.

Caelum nodded and Ernie hit Junstin over the head with his book.

"Idiot! You dont just ask people who they are related to without saying hello!"

"Sorry. Hello. Didnt the hat say you were a Malfoy too? Why aren't you in Slytherin?"

Again he was hit by Ernie.

"Justin! Let the boy get some rest. He looks exhausted and you arent helping him."

"Right sorry. I guess we all have busy days tomorrow. Night Gents!"

Justin fell asleep in his bed and Ernie shook his head.

"You'll have to excuse him. He seems to be a bit too excited about all of this. Sleep well Caelum."

Ernie went to sleep and Caelum was left wondering what the hell just happened.

~~~

SEVERUS POV

I heard the too I roar to life and saw my husband step into my private chambers behind my office door. He smiled and kissed me lightly before sitting the two of us down on the couch.

"So am I to assume Draco was placed in Slytherin?"

I chuckled and nodded before remembering how Caelum felt earlier, my face comforting slightly to a look of worry.

"Whats wrong, Love?"

"Caelum was devastated eaelier. He was in tears and going into a borderline panic attack because he thought we wouldnt like the house he was placed in."

"Where was he placed?"

"Hufflepuff."

"It makes sense. Our youngest is quite timid and patient. Hes also too kind, asking us to spare the man who caused him so much trouble for the sake of the people who relied on him."

"I sent him to the Hufflepuff Basement with Pomona, hoping she could make him feel better after Draco and I talked to him."

"Am I to assume there was hugging?"

"Quite a bit. I sometines worry that the absuse and neglect caused him to crave human contact and affection to the point where he acgs all tough but underneath he is a scared child seeking love he never recieved."

"Hes the complete opposite of his brother. We held onto Draco so much after Caelum disappeared that he tries to reject too much affection."

"I think he is still trying to get used to being an older brother again. He was an only child for over ten years. I worry if he isnt upset by it at all."

"I just hope he keeps looking out for Caelum even though they are in different houses. I know many people who have been torn apart by that."

"Like the Black boys?"

"Yes. Sirius and Regulous were close before the older became a Gryffindor."

"We can only hope things arent the same for our boys. Caelum still has a childish, mature air around him. I hope he finds good friends in his house, or at least with his roomates."

"You and I both, Love. But I hope you arent too hard on them in class. Caelum and Draco arent used to your mask yet. So at least leave them little nltes when nobody is watching. I dont want Caelum thinking we are ignoring him for his house."

"Alright. I promise. Now then, you and I both have work tomorrow. You best be getting back home for the night, Lucius."

"I suppose you are right. Goodnight Love. I'll see you and the boys Saturday night."

I gave the taller blonde and quick kiss before he flooed away and I got myself dressed for bed. It was when I lay under the sheets, however, I felt the cold side of the bed beside me and remembered it was time to sleep on my own for far too long.

I cant wait until Yule.

~~~~~~~~

Me: Blep!

Draco: What kind of spell is that?

Me: It isnt. It is just me being weird. Anyways, until next time my Snakes, Badgers, Eagles, or..... Lions.

Bye!