The 4th Day of Christmas

Sutton knew the day at the mall would be tense, considering what had happened at the pool yesterday. Rowan and her had barely spoken but she hoped maybe a night's sleep would help it.

Sutton was once again the first one dressed and ready in jean shorts and a loose razor back tank over her sports bra. She let her hair hang and went out of  the bathroom to get her high top converse.

Rowan was sitting on the bed, flipping through channels and didn't even look at Sutton at she came into the room. She was already dressed in capris and a t-shirt with Vans to match. Rowan's hair was flowing around her shoulders with little braids pulled to the back of her head to make a loose crown.

Sutton slipped on her shoes and sat on her own bed. She watched the channels pass by as Rowan flipped through them.

"Ready?" Rowan shut off the tv and got up, looking at Sutton. Sutton nodded her head, noticing Rowan wasn't as cheerful as she was the other day.

The girls headed out of the hotel and slid into a vehicle to be taken to the mall. The ride was silent, neither of the girls speaking to one another. Sutton risked her luck and stole a glance at Rowan. Rowan sat, her posture straight, staring out of the window.

• • •
Sutton followed Rowan down to the pool. There were only a couple of other  people there, wading around in the cool water. Sutton felt a sense of nostalgia when she took on the smell of chlorine. She hadn't been swimming in ages.

Rowan picked out a couple of chairs and took off her cover up and Sutton did the same. The two slid in the pool on the opposite side of the other occupants.

"So, how often do you go swimming?" Sutton asked.

"Really depends," Rowan answered and Sutton nodded.

Sutton waded closer to Rowan as the other guests played and splashed closer to their area. Rowan smiled as she put her arms on the cement behind her, pushing her back to the wall. Sutton did the same, watching the happy people play around.

The people finally had had enough fun and left the pool room. Sutton and Rowan were all alone. Sutton swam to the middle, turning back to face Rowan. They smiled at each other and Sutton splashed Rowan. Rowan laughed and jumped to reach Sutton.

Sutton swam to the other side of the pool, Rowan following her playfully. They reached the other side and were face to face when they looked at each other. They hung to the cement, floating in the water, just staring at each other. And that's when Rowan leaned in, kissing Sutton. Sutton pulled back quickly.

"What was that?" Sutton asked, surprised.

"I just- I thought you- sorry," Rowan stuttered out. "I'll be in the room." And with that, Sutton was left alone in the pool, watching Rowan grab her things and walk out of the pool area, back to their room.

A/N- Thanks for reading. I am sorry I don't update often but yeah, just hard to feel it to write. Please vote and comment, tell me what you think. I always try to mix things up and I try to reply to your comments. Spread the series around and check out my other stories! Thank you guys!