The 9th day of Christmas

Sutton sat in her makeshift bed in the living room. The doctor let her come home yesterday and said to keep the physical activity to a minimum until the wound healed. So she sat downstairs in a pile of blankets on the couches, just like the boys had before.

Christmas was only days away and Sutton didn't know who she would spend it with. Rowan and the boys had stayed with her in the hospital but hadn't seen her at her home.

Sutton played with the edge of the bandages on her leg as the TV threw out the voices of the actors and actresses. Her mother came in every so often, offering tea but she stayed in the kitchen most of the time. Sutton knew her mother was worried.

The doorbell rang and Sutton looked up. She couldn't tell who was here but soon her mother was walking into the living room with the boys behind her.

"Look who showed up!" Sutton's mother beamed. Sutton stared sat them blankly. "Well, I'll just be in the kitchen then."

"What are you guys doing here?" Sutton asked them, slightly annoyed.

"You think we're gonna miss Christmas with you?" Ricky plopped himself down beside her.

"Um, yeah," Sutton nodded her head.

"Well, you thought wrong," Emery sat at her feet as Liam took her other side.

"How do you know I even want you here?" Sutton crossed her arms.

"We got you the best Christmas present," Emery smiled.

"What is it?" She said flatly.

"You'll find out on Christmas," Ricky smirked.

"Whatever." Sutton rolled her eyes and sighed heavily.

The boys ignored the irritation in her voice. They knew she was mad at them. They'd left her before and she had turned to Jon. And now they were distant with her. Suddenly wanting things to go back how they had been wasn't going to be easy.

But the circumstances had changed for their friendships. Trust need to be established again and hearts need mending. The boys just wanted it done before Christmas so that Sutton enjoys their present to its fullest extent.

A/N: We are getting there! I finally know how I want it to end! And it should be coming quick(er than normal 'cause you know me). But if you guys like this, please vote and comment. It means a lot. I attempt to answer all comments/messages (sometimes with really late replies but I do!). Love y'all!