The 5th Day of Christmas

Rowan sat with Liam, Emery, Ricky and Sutton's mom in the waiting room of the hospital. Sutton went into surgery last night and the doctor had come in earlier to inform them she made it and she was in recovery. But the downside was there was no telling when and if she'd wake up.

Rowan put her hand under her chin and thought that it shouldn't have happened to Sutton. She should have let Sutton go first and it would be her in recovery. But she couldn't change what happened and she suffered through the tormented expressions of the boys.

"We should get some breakfast," Ricky said, standing up and stretching his arms.

"Yes, you kids should go. I'm going to see if they'll let me in. I need to see her." They let Sutton's mom walk away to the receptionist's desk.

"What do you guys want?" Rowan asked as they made their way through the hospital doors.

"Anywhere," Emery said and he sulked into the backseat of the car. The other two boys followed him and Rowan took the passenger seat.

The drive was silent and the arrival was long. They ordered their food and sat down.

"Do you think she'll wake up?" Ricky broke the silence.

"I hope she does," Liam said. He didn't even look up from the food he hadn't even attempted to put in his mouth.

"She will," Rowan assured them. But she didn't know why she had said it so confidently.

"She better, she still owes us this Christmas," Emery forced a smile at his attempt to lighten the mood.

"It won't be as fun though because she'll be stuck resting," Ricky whined.

"Well, we'll make it fun for her," Emery said.

"How?" Liam finally looked up.

Emery smirked. "Oh, it's gonna be good." And he went into his idea of how when Sutton wakes up, we are going to make it the best Christmas you can have while having to stay in bed. And I think we all like the idea very well.

A/N: Kind of short but all well. It's an update so yay.