30 - Rai

Rai

Was she my girlfriend now? We didn't establish a relationship basis. Would she date other guys? The fuck she would! I'd kill them, wipe them out one by one!

I couldn't focus on my Chemistry homework as I thought about it. Lookin' at my phone, I decided to call her. We'd cut the afternoon classes and had lunch together, talked, then went our separate ways. Was I supposed to only talk to her the next day? Or was it common knowledge that I had to call, like, tonight?!

"Hi" She greeted, and it looked like she was smilin', or maybe it was just my mind wishin' for it.

"Hey." I greeted, and my voice was raspy "So... are you ok?"

"Huh... yeah... Why?" She chuckled.

"Nothin'. Just... you know... wanted to know" I mumbled, gettin' up from my old desk and walkin' around my room.

"Are you at work? It's quiet."

"No, I'm home. Chem homework." I moaned, and she chuckled; God, I love her laugh "So... I called 'cause... I'm confused."

"About what?"

"Us. You see, it just came to my mind that we didn't... we didn't actually establish any ground rules" I said, as serious as I could manage.

"Ground rules?" She mussed, and I heard a laugh "Ok, and what kind of ground rules do we need to establish?"

"Some easy ones. I say one and you can say another, agreed?" I asked, and cleared my throat after she said yes "Ok, I'll go first: no other guys. I'm serious, Whit, only me or not at all."

"Ok. No other girls."

"Well, duh" I laughed.

"Better make sure we both understand." She said, and her voice was sour.

"Hey, there..." I whispered as I took a seat on my bed "Bad past?"

"You can say that..." She sighed.

"I'm not gonna cheat on you, Whit." I assured her, and she kept quiet "I promise you that. I don't cheat on my girlfriends."

"Since when are we boyfriend and girlfriend?" She teased.

"Since I took one look at you and decided to keep you to myself," I told her.

"You can't decide I'm your girlfriend and get on with it, this isn't a cavemen camp."

"So how do I make you my girlfriend?"

"You have to take me on dates, Rai." She sighed, and I knew she was rollin' her eyes "Real dates."

"And how many dates will it take until I can ask you?" I asked her, a cocky grin on my face.

"There isn't a... limit, you know? When you feel you only want to be with me and take it seriously, that's when you should ask."

"Well, then: wanna be my girlfriend?"

"Rai!" She chuckled "Stop. Let's take it slow, ok?"

"Since when girls want to take things slow?!"

"Since you've met me. What's rule number two?"

I sighed but agreed. She would be mine, anyway...

"Kissin'. You gotta kiss me a lot." I insisted, and I heard her giggle on the other side, and that made me smile "Ok?"

"No problem there. Ok so... I want cuddles. Like a lot. Like... all the time."