-18-

"Guys and dolls." Aleigha claps three times as we walk and play concentration sixty-four.

"Evita" I say.

"Jersey boys."

"How to succeed in business without really trying." I say quickly.

"Legally blond."

"Billy Eliot."

"Les mi- you already said that!"

"I win." I tease.

"I'm done with this game." She says, opening a piece of taffy.

"You can have mine."

"No thanks."

"Seriously, I don't like taffy."

"Well, thanks." We approach the theater as they set up a table outside. A few people are already here.

"Hey, Liv." The lady at the table, Sheryl, I think it is, says. "You guys wanna help for a few minutes."

"Yeah, sure." We help with the microphones and the table as more people arrive. I start giving tickets.

"Hey, you're that girl from the video the other day, singing." Someone says. I look up and see a maybe fifteen year old girl with a friend or sister.

"Hi, would you like a ticket for a chance to see the show for ten dollars?"

"Heck, yeah I would." Aleigha hands me one and I hand her something to write her name down on. So do you work here?"

"No, my friend and I are just helping right now."

"How do you know the cast?"

"Hello, hello, hello." Lin says. I look over at him.

"Sheryl, give me Liv back." So that is her name. He beckons me over.

"So, this is Olivia Park." Someone hands me a microphone. "We call her Liv." I rock on my toes and heels. "I'm her temporary guardian, right now, and Liv likes to cuss." I laugh and look over at Aleigha who laughs too. "And we found the one way to make her stop, is to make her sing whenever she does. And she's good. She likes to sing, she just doesn't in front of us so we made it a punishment as off Wednesday, Jazzy's Idea. But we haven't since Wednesday and we totaled the amount of times since then, with the help of her friend too, it came to twenty-four. She doesn't know this by the way, but we are going to have her sing, today."

"Thanks for the warning, Lin." I say sarcastically.

"Let me get a song she knows." He lowers the microphone and lifts his phone. "You know this?"

"The tune, not the words."

"Here's the words." Daveed hands him his phone.

"Okay, one second." He opens the song. "Okay." He presses play.

"Give it up for Liv!" People clap and I smile. "Bow." He tells me. I give a mini bow and hand the microphone back. "Alright, go back to work. Just kidding. Good luck with the Lotto!" He grabs Aleigha and leads us to the other door.

"Great job, He says, "but you lack confidence, kid. That's what holds you back. Sorry about putting you on spot like that."

"And?"

"Telling everyone this is your punishment. Forgive me?"

"I'll think about it."

"She'll think about it!" I raise an eyebrow. "Something I wrote a while ago."

"Okay then." We head backstage.
-
"Hey, girls." Pippa says, sitting down on the steps during the show.

"You sound amazing!" Aleigha exclaims.

"Thank you
-
A/N- TONY AWARDS DAY