-33-

"Olivia." Sebastian says. Ugh. Back to this.

"Seb, she's not here, okay. Maybe you'll see her again soon but she couldn't babysit this month." She said she would gladly but right now she can't. I hope she can soon. I want to see her.

"Liv." I put him down next to me

"What time is the reservation?" I ask Vanessa.

"Eight. Pippa and Jazzy say they could sit him?"

"Yeah. At seven thirty."

"I think that's enough time. And we have to leave in an hour and a half." We're bring Sebastian home before going out to dinner tonight. I notice the train approaching and look next to me. Where's my son?

"Sebastian!" I frantically look around me and then run through a few people, feeling like my heart has been shot through ten times, collapsed to my butt, and my stomach has risen to my chest as I scream his name. I hear someone, not Vanessa, yell it and I turn to see a girl wrap her arms around him, pulling him back as the train flies in. Someone grabs the girl, making her fall less painful. She holds him in a  hug and takes a deep breath while I am frozen. I sprint forwards as she stands up and brings him the rest of the way to me and Vanessa who is running just behind me.

"Olivia!" She puts him in my arms. I wrap her in my other arm tight against me, kissing my son on my head. I can hear again and notice some applause for this little girl who saved my son from possibly being hit. She steps back, jumping. My heart still feels like it's going to beat out of my body but at least it's in my chest and my organs are back in my stomach. She has on a sweater that falls off her shoulder and a black shirt underneath. Then legging ripped at the bottom, messy braids, and recently cut temple at a downward angle. She looks sick and almost like she had been brutally attacked or stranded. The ends of her hair are splitting. I never understood how she kept them neat. Did she cut her own hair? How did I never know that if she did?

All this time, I hug my son and worry about him. "I can never thank you enough for this, Liv. I'm so glad you were here."

"I didn't do anything but grab him when I saw him. Well, I'll see you around." Vanessa takes her hand. "I'm waiting for the next one. It goes straight through so I don't have to get off. She looks up. "And it's two minutes away."

"I know why you left." Vanessa says. "It's not rocket science. And Noah told me everything. He's so sorry Liv. I know you ended up answering him but I need you to know that. Now can you please come with us for a night." She looks at a teary eyed me and nods. Vanessa holds Sebastian for a while while I study her and her movements and try to calm down about Seb. He starts saying Liv's name and Vanessa gives him to her when there are enough seats for us all to sit but I stand, facing them as they face the front of the train. Seb gives Liv a huge hug. Thanks world. And please don't take Liv from me again.
-
"Olivia!" Pippa says, ignoring me when I open the door. She rushes to her and picks her up. "Ahh." She runs to the bathroom with her and pulls a scale out with her foot. Liv doesn't let her put her on it. Jazzy picks her up.

"Ahh." She puts Liv down on it. Liv steps off and runs out but not fast enough that it can't come up with a number. She joins Sebastian again of the couch.

"Her weight last time she was here is in the folder on the counter. I don't wanna keep V waiting so if you want to compare, it's over there. Thanks again, guys. I'll be back by ten. By kids!"

Liv/Esme's POV
"He's asleep." I say, walking into the room. Pippa puts me on her lap and hugs me tight. Too tight.

"Ow!" I say, unable to control it. I don't make an excuse. They know me well enough. She sets me down carefully next to Jazzy and walks to the kitchen. "Sorry."

"We missed you." I doubt it.

"I missed you too." Pippa comes back with and ice pack. I pull my sweater off as requested, leaving myself in a black Got Hamilton? Shirt since I mostly own Hamilton stuff. My arms are black and blue. My luck with homes. I thought my luck got better but they didn't like that people knew me and were one horrible family. Well, are. But Lin called the CPS and said we need to talk when he gets back. Pippa's breath shakes and she gently lifts my chin with her hand, looking at the hickey on my neck.

"That douce." She lets go, putting the ice on my wrist which looks worse then when broken. Jazzy turns in a movie and I fall asleep, seeing why Lin needed them even though I would babysit him.