-22-

"So how long do you have the cast on for?" Ashely asks.

"Three more weeks, it sucks."

"That does. At least it was your bad hand."

"True." Aleigha, Noah, Ashely, and I are all sitting on the floor in a classroom, studying for midterms. I've never has an issue academically but I'd like to see what happens if I actually really apply myself. We have them pretty early. Next week actually. Lin says that the cast really wants to see me. I have a week of this and then a week of school. After that is break. I will have to go after midterms. I miss them a lot so I'm actually not studying. I'm writing a letter to tell them why I'm not there, not a complete lie, and that I can't wait to see them. I can't. Except the whole, really onto me not eating thing. My friends are beginning to notice too but I do everything I can to make them think I'm fine. Nathan, the kid who raped me, isn't here but his friends are and they make school a lot harder then it could be but at least I now have my own group of friends now.

"You kids are still here?" Mr.Nicolson asks. We all look at the clock.

"Shit." I say, before remembering that he is standing right there.

"I'm telling Lin!" Noah says.

"Tattle." We collect our things when I hear Mr.N say my name. "I'll meet you guys out there." I walk to his desk.

"I'm glad to see that you made some more friends. I'm not going to call home without telling you first so I'm going to give you a warning that I will be talking to your father about some teachers concerns. Such as the fact that you aren't eating lunch here." Teachers don't actually care, right?

"I've partially discussed this with him. He knows why I don't eat in school. I promised to do better so I don't think that It's really necessary."

"Than perhaps I should send an email instead of a call. Have a good day, see you in class."

"Bye." I meet my friends outside the front door. We walk and then split up and It's just Noah and I. Noah is so close to me that he knows when I lie.

"Why have you been so skinny, lately?"

"I don't know what you mean."

"Yes, you do. You don't eat anything anymore. Come on." He takes my hand and leads me into a coffee shop. He buys a cookie and a juice box. Great, I'm five. We split the cookie in half and I eat it to show him that I'm fine. For some reason, it bothers me that night.
-
"You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
And cross them off the list as you pursue 'em
And with those ninety-six, I know precisely what I'm doing!" Lin sings, quickly.

"It's eight fucking AM." I say, looking up from my binder on Sunday morning. He smirks. "Shit." He perks up even more as I cover my mouth.

"Because of the second one." He pulls out his phone.

"No! That will cost you all of my swears this week."

"Well, I could go ask Noah and see how many you've said."

"Okay, there are people way worse then me. For example, you guys. And I've been better."

"It costs the ones I have heard you say. Ninety-six K. Go." I stare at the camera blankly. "Go!"

"Nope."

"I'll take away your charcoal."

"If I win the lottery, you'll never see me again." I sing.

"Damn, we only jokin', stay broke then." I point at him.

"Thayne says that's a swear!" I jump to my knees on the couch, pointing at him, now facing all the way to the back of the couch, where he stands.

"But it's in a song."

"That you wrote." I smirk.

"I'll be downtown," he belts, "Get a nice studio, I'll get out of the barrio." I lamely and barely dance but he laughs at me. Or with. I don't care, I didn't humiliate myself.

"Say bye to twitter."

"Don't put it on twitter." He turns it over and nods as he says,

"Okay, I won't."

"I saw that." I go back to doing my homework when my phone buzzes with Aleigha's name in the group chat of the four of us. I'm actually glad I don't have a burner phone anymore. I think I've blocked everyone actually. Till Christmas when people get new phones. Hopefully not new numbers.

Aleigha: nice dance

Me: *face palm

Noah: what?

Aleigha: Lin's Twitter.

Me: ugh.

I shut my phone and go back to my books.
-
A/N- STILLINSCHOOL