60

"It was a misunderstanding."

"I know. It's fine. I promise." I tell her.

"So, I hear that they cleared it so that you can eat this week."

"Yeah. I'm having a smoothie tonight."

"That's great." I shrug. "So you're almost better." I shake my head.

"No. The tube is a temporary things while fix one of the various parts of the disease."

"Oh. So no. Well. Is anything feeling better with treatment?"

"Hey, I like your bracelet."

"Olivia."

"What? I do."

"Liv."

"Okay, no. What's the big deal if it's not feeling better? It's not there to make me feel better, It's there to keep me alive or try to. Can we please not talk about me right now."

"You never wanna talk about yourself."

"There's nothing important about me. There are kids out there who have been raped and abused and there are people fighting illness and shit and doing amazing things."

"Who says you wont?" I sigh, ignoring her question and reaching for my sketchbook on the counter that Vanessa recently got me since mine was well, destroyed a while back. I jump out of my chair and go around the counter.

"What are you doing?"

"What keeps me more entertained than just about anything in this world other than you people and music." I say, grabbing a pencil from the cup of them against the wall.

"Drawing?" She asks as I open it up to a blank page.

"Yep." She doesn't question and smiles before looking at her phone, probably to explain the mistake they had made. I know this is true when it starts buzzing a lot.

"Hey, can I delete those messages from you phone?" She asks, putting hers down. I raise an eyebrow.

"Okay, no. But Lin might."

"I know."

"Can I watch you draw?"

"No."

"Well that was straight forward." I glance up at her.

"Sorry." I shade in the nose. "I get nervous when people watch. Lin tried to watch the other day." I drop the pencil and turn it two pages back, flipping it so that she can see it.

"It's a dog." Her face changes from reading the drawing to an 'oh shit' face."

"You gave up on it to soon. I wouldn't be able to tell that soon if you were Picasso."

"My hand started shaking like hell and I couldn't draw. And why's everyone go to Picasso. Like why not Da Vinci?"

"I've heard of it." She looks back at her phone.

"Not as often." I say, continuing to draw.

"Six things you didn't know about Olivia Park." She reads off her phone. "The adopted daughter of the creator of the Broadway hit Hamilton: an American musical."

"What?" I ask, confused. She turns her phone to me.

"Oh, please no."

"Let's see if I know these. Number one: Olivia is two years ahead in school. She skipped two grades and attended a Manhattan public high school before becoming home schooled in late 2014."