Trust & Friendship

**Author's Note: Hey y,all! I know that this update has been a while in coming. I got super busy over the holidays, and work has been extra exhausting lately. When it gets cold out, we get a lot more clients (I work at an agency that's affiliated with recovery houses) since people want shelter from the weather. So I've been extra busy with new clients at work, and by the time I get home at the end of the day, the last thing my brain wants to do is write, after all the paperwork I have to write at work. I just wanted to let y'all know that I never plan on abandoning this story until it is finished. Even if that means taking mini hiatuses like this last one, I still will come back to the story. It's my baby at this point, so I won't let it go until it's 100% done. Thanks to those who reached out to check on my health and well-being, to make sure I was okay. I appreciate your concern a lot, and it was very sweet of you to ask if I was alright <3**

Ben stood up from the bed as you closed the door behind you. His hair looked a bit tangled, and there were dark circles under his eyes, as if he hadn't slept. You felt a jolt of guilt at the thought of him waiting up all night for confirmation that you were okay, while you were snuggled cozily in Negan's big bed.

Speaking of which, Ben had to have heard you thanking Negan, and so would know that he had escorted you back here. Not to mention, you were still dressed in Negan's light grey, baggy sweatpants, which were obviously too big, and tucked unfashionably into your knee-high, black boots. There was also the fact that you still had wet hair from the shower...and panties stuffed in your bra.

Thankfully, Ben didn't seem to notice any of this. Instead, he came across the room and stopped in front of you. Gently placing his hands on your shoulders, he held you at arm's length and scanned up and down your body, as if looking for visible injuries.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" he asked worriedly.

Reaching up to lay your hand on top of one of his, you reassured, "I'm fine. Just fell down out in the woods, bumped my head like a moron, and got a mild concussion. Dr. Carson said I'll be a-okay."

Ben asked a couple more questions about the concussion, such as if you were taking any medication (no) and if you were to be on bedrest (also no). You were sure that if Dr. Carson had given any recommendations for bedrest, that Negan never would've let you leave his room. So even though you hadn't talked to Dr. Carson directly, you acted as if you had, to calm Ben's worry.

Once he seemed satisfied that there were no mortal wounds, Ben's eyes focused on your lower half, as if he was only now taking in your appearance. His brows furrowed as he slowly asked, "Are those...are those Negan's pants?"

Trying really hard not to blush, you stared at a point over Ben's left shoulder and gave a half-shrug, half-nod of affirmation.

"You spent the night with him, didn't you?"

Your gaze jerked back to Ben's face at that, and you could tell by his expression that he already knew the answer, but wanted to hear you say it. Nodding again, you replied, "Yea, I did. But only so that he could make sure my concussion didn't get worse. And he slept in his office, on the couch." You weren't sure why you felt the need to add that last part, but you did anyways.

Ben's lips curled up slightly on one side in amusement. "You made Negan sleep on the couch?"

Giving a slight smile back, you confirmed, "Yep. Did you really think I'd have stayed if he hadn't?"

Ben gave his signature boyish grin in response and chuckled, "Only you could kick the king off of his throne for the night."

Tilting your head slightly, you scanned Ben's face, trying to figure out what exactly he meant by that. He stared back, brows raising expectantly, as if waiting for you to respond. When you instead opted for silence, he gave a small sigh and walked back across the room to sit on the edge of your bed. You felt the air in the room shift, and knew that the next question out of Ben's mouth wasn't going to be one you wanted to answer.