An Offer

**GUESS WHAT DAY IT ISSSSSSS??? It's Monday! (Also Martin Luther King Jr. day - shout out to him and all the amazing things he did). I don't have class today (canceled bc of the holiday) and class also just got canceled for me for tomorrow because our roads are so icy :'-) honestly so blessed. With that being said, there might be a double update...who knows?? I hope you guys like this! Let me know!**

UPDATE: Someone commented about slight confusion concerning the timeline of the story, so I want to clear something up in case anyone else was confused! The first chapter (pilot) is BEFORE leaving high school while he is still be scouted by colleges. This chapter is AFTER he's picked a college and is one month into school. Hope that helps. xx

Troy's POV

I tugged at my roots with frustration as the dial tone rang in my ear.

"C'mon, please pick up." I muttered to myself, glancing around the deserted library to make sure I was still the only one within hearing vicinity. No way I wanted anyone to hear the conversation I was about to have.

"Hi, pumpkin." My mom's soothing voice flowed through the receiver, instantly quelling my nerves. I'd never admit it, but I've always been a momma's boy.

"Hi Mom." I replied before she would think it was just an accidental butt dial and hung up on me.

"What's going on, sweetheart?" She asked with concern. She's always been able to tell when I'm in one of my moods. I think it's just a Mom thing to know when your children are upset and need your guidance.

"Everything's wrong." I ground out quietly. I was trying to keep the hysterics from my voice as to not worry her too much. Nothing about college, other than football, has been going right for me so far. It's been about a month and a half, and even though I get free tutoring whenever I want through my scholarship, I still can't seem to get the hang of the academic side of things. I've never been great at school, that's not a secret, but dammit! I'd like to at least be mediocre if nothing. Not to mention, I hate when people say it's because of my disability. For Christ sake, there are millions of people who deal with what I do everyday and still manage to get by. It's not like it makes me incapable of being a normal human being, though everyone likes me act like it does.

"Oh, baby... I'm sorry. I know you don't want to hear this, but everything always works itself out in the end. You just have to patient. This is just a little rough patch, okay? Have you tried talking to your professors? Maybe they'd be willing to give you extended deadlines on things." She spoke, always the voice of reason.

"I've tried that, Mom. My professors don't give a fuck that I'm an idiot or that I'm falling behind. They're getting paid regardless if I fail their course or not." I huffed out, remembering the conversation I'd had just hours earlier with my English professor. Fucking prick. "If I don't do well on this persuasive narrative paper, they're going to put me on academic probation and that means I won't be able to play until I get my GPA back up." I stressed. Sensing movement in my peripheral vision, I glanced up. Scrunching my brows in concentration, I focused my sights on a bookcase that was placed a couple feet away.

"Mom, I gotta go. Thanks for the advice. I love you." I muttered quickly.

"Love you too, sweet pea. Don't let this get you down! I'm rooting for you, honey!" I ended the call right after her last words before throwing my phone down on the cheap desk I'd been working at.

"Eavesdropping is considered rude you know." I stated bluntly, knowing whoever remained hidden behind the bookshelf was still listening in. I was shocked when a beautiful blonde stepped out from behind the not-so-discrete hiding place. There wasn't a trace of makeup on her face - well that I could tell, but what do I know? - and her hair was throw up in a messy bun. Not the kind that take thirty minutes to look messily cute, like my sisters did all through high school, but the I-don't-give-a-shit kind. There were pieces of hair sticking up in random places, but it was only made the look more endearing.