Possible New Story???

**Ight, so as the title suggests this could possibly be a new story. Could be, could not be. Depends if I'm feeling it after I get into writing it more. It will be about Evan's journey of finding....love? Who knows. Let me know what you think! ALSO IT AIN'T EDITED SO BEWARE LOL**

Evan's POV

The clock ticked on the wall, reminding me of all the time I wasted loving him. But was it really love? Now that everything's blown up in my face, I'm not sure I can confidently say that's what it was.

Maybe it wasn't, who really knows. It's over now, and that's pretty much all that matters. There was no point in wallowing in my own misery while eating my weight in ice cream. The tears would be worth nothing, just like him. I sat on the couch in Ellie and I's apartment, staring at nothing and everything as my mind raced with self-destructive thoughts. Maybe it wasn't love, but I cared deeply for him. He was the first guy I ever let close. We didn't waste much time with the engagement, I was just so excited to wear his ring and call him mine, but I guess the thrill of sneaking around does that to a person. Makes you think you had feelings that you thought were one way, but now they seem different. Tainted in a way.

I didn't move from my position on the couch when I heard our front door open. I did, however, pick up my phone and plaster a smile on my face so I didn't appear as if I was, in fact, wallowing in my self pity. Which is exactly what it was, but I refused to let myself accept that. It was only wallowing if there were tears. Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

"Oh, Ev! I didn't know you were home! Mom said you would be out getting lunch with our friends." She said, a confused expression taking over her face as her eyebrows furrowed together.

"I did. I just got back." I lied as my smile turned tight lipped. Ellie was always able to call my bluff, I was just praying that this one time was different.

"But it's only noon now?" She pointed out while glancing at that damn wall clock, her face even more perplexed than before.

"It was more of a brunch, really." I replied flippantly while picking at a loose thread in one of our decorative pillows, avoiding her accusatory stare. She opened her mouth to ask me another question, or more likely call me out on my bullshit, but her boyfriend stopped her with a single hand on her forearm as he tugged her in the direction of her bedroom. I finally took a moment to look at him and notice that he had a large stack of cardboard boxes and packing tape in his other hand. It was then that I remembered she was moving out. He bought them some lavish five bedroom home a half an hour away from my parents place, which meant she would be 45 minutes away from our apartment we shared. Well, used to share.

Oh well. It was easier to wallow when you were alone. I resumed my staring at the wall until I noticed there was a chip in the paint thanks to Ellie getting so excited during The Bachelorette that she accidentally threw her cup of hot chocolate at the wall. A smile threatened to pull at the edges of my lips before it eventually gave up and allowed my blank mask to stay intact. Getting up, I made my way to our, my, kitchen and began the mundane task of preparing a cup of tea. Again, a ghost of a smile appeared on my face for a fraction of a second as I remembered how this habit came to. When I was little, I was always hanging out in my dad's office with him. The running joke for the majority of my childhood was that I was just my dad's shadow because wherever he was, I was too.

It was during the winter time when he was working endlessly trying to close one of his biggest business deals to date and he was stressed beyond belief. It was then that he started to really take up drinking tea. I was sitting on his lap, watching as he switched between computer and laptop, frantically sending emails and adding information into a spreadsheet. I picked up his cup with unbalanced hands and took a noisy slurp of it's contents. He stopped what he was doing and watched me with amusement as my face scrunched up and I stuck my tongue out.