Change of Heart

**We are reaching the end folks. Pretty much all of the loose strings have been wrapped up and I've written in all the fun plot twists I've wanted. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter (I know you'll really like the end hehehe) and I love you all!! Thanks so much for sticking with me through this crazy ride. It's been so, so fun. I love this book with all of my heart, and I really hope you did too. The picture above (found on pinterest) pertains to the story... >:)**

Aurora's POV

"No! You're fucking with me! What happened next?" Evan gasped while looking totally entranced, her cup of coffee she had been making was now completely abandoned.

"We took Beckett to the hospital and made sure he didn't suffer a concussion and then got his cuts stitched up. God Ev, you should've heard the talk mom and dave gave me. It was worse than that time we snuck out and took the Jeep to the beach when we were fifteen with those senior boys." Ellie said, her eyes conveying the remorse she felt.

"Impossible. I've never seen dad look so angry and disappointed." Evan stated matter-of-factly. I giggled at the two sisters gossiping about what happened while the other was gone.

"He used those exact words! He said to me, 'I've never been so disappointed in you in my whole life' or something like that." Ellie said, trying to deepen her voice to sound like Knox. Evan's jaw dropped before she pulled Ellie into a hug.

"God that must've been horrible. I can't believe you had to go through all that without me here. I'm a horrible twin." She said with a frown while squeezing Ellie's hand sympathetically. "And I'm surprised you're still here after seeing my dad throw another dude onto a glass table." She said through an incredulous laugh, her gaze centered on me.

I just shrugged my shoulders before saying, "I love your brother and I've seen and been through much, much worse." Both twins eyed me with confusion being as they were both kept out of the loop concerning the situation with my brother. I figured I would need to tell the two of them eventually because they were family, but I was too caught up with everything going on before the case was solved and acquitted to worry about informing others who weren't directly helping.

"It's a story for another time. And just for the record, I don't sound like that Ellie." Knox scolded as he sauntered into the room looking much more refreshed than he had the day before. I accounted it wholly to the fact that Poppy had started talking to him again.

"Do too!" Evan and Ellie yelled at the same time causing Knox to holler with laughter. "And stop eavesdropping old man!" Ellie accused before Knox came up between them on their bar stools, he set his cup of tea down before pulling them both into his chest and kissing them both of the top of their head. I heard him mumble a quiet I love you before picking his tea up and taking a hearty gulp.

"Love you too, dad." they both replied simultaneously once again. I was caught off guard as he rounded the counter and pulled me into a hug and patted my head in a fatherly gesture.

"How's my third daughter? Did you sleep good?" He questioned just as Poppy entered the kitchen. I smiled genuinely at him before returning his hug.

"I did, thank you. Your son is a damn cover hog though." I said with annoyance lacing my tone.

"I am not! And besides, it's not like it matters, you crawl all over me while we're sleeping anyway so you're always covered." Troy huffed just as he entered the room. Must be a Carmichael thing to eavesdrop.

"Will you come with me to meet my brother's new chick today? I've never really liked his taste in women and I don't want to be alone with the two of them if that happens to be the case again. Especially because they're supposedly serious." I asked just as Troy scooped me up and took my seat before setting me on his lap.