Cleaning Up the Mess

**I know, I know. I'm just the coolest author ever. Updating before it's even Monday and all. Also, if anyone was wondering, I ended up finishing microbiology off with an A+ and ending my freshman year of college with a 4.0 cumulative GPA. Now, onto stuff that actually matters - because I know some of you will ask, Ellie and Evan are both 3 years older than Troy meaning they are both 21 at this point in time. That should help out with the information in this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!**

Troy's POV

"Shhh, Ellie you need to calm down. I understand you're upset, but crying uncontrollably isn't going to help the situation or make you feel any better." I tried to reason soothingly. She sniffled a bit before continuing her water works. She was making it near impossible to comfort her, though I'd never say that out loud. Truthfully, I did feel bad that she was going through the stress of disappointing our father while having to wait for the doctors to finish running head scans for any signs of a concussion and stitching up the major cuts on the dude's back.

"Out of all people, you chose Beckett? Why? You knew dad would be upset and overreact." I said through an exasperated sigh. I heard her dramatic scoff before she shoved my hands away from the circles they were rubbing in her upper back.

"Not that I have to fucking explain it to you at all, but I didn't fucking choose to be with him. I didn't choose to fall in love with him. It just fucking happened. Just like me getting pregnant. It wasn't planned. It's not like I went out of my way and thought 'how can I make my life way more complicated than it needs to be?'" She finished off with a gruff huff. I rubbed my face roughly as I realized how unfair I was being to her considering that's exactly what happened between Aurora and I. Well, except the pregnant part...almost.

"I'm sorry. I haven't even given you a chance to explain how it all happened to me. I'm willing to listen if you're willing to tell me." I said softly while leaning back in the waiting room chair. She looked at me with wide eyes as her chin practically dropped to the floor.

"Who are you and what have you done with my asinine, overprotective brother?" She demanded dramatically. I just chuckled while rolling my eyes. She sighed before cupping her still-flat stomach protectively with her arms.

"It started about six or so months ago. It was when dad was having issues with his accountant constantly screwing up numbers and I wanted a way into the company as a resume builder. He kept trying to keep me away because he was afraid that working at the business and my courses were going to conflict, but I kept persisting. One afternoon, I visited Dad for lunch in a last ditch effort to let me help. Long story short, Beckett was there and went with us and it's been going on pretty much since then. I worked with Beckett directly if I had any questions, and we were drawn to each other immediately. He was so different from any other guy I'd ever met. Kind, charming, he actually cared about what I had to say and treated me like I was an equal. He listened to me when I told him what the issues were and made sure to implement the changes I suggested. After about a month, it became more than just a strictly business relationship. I would go to his office on my days that I didn't have any classes just to hangout with him because we enjoyed each other's company.

Then, one random day, we were working in the office and it just kind of...happened. He finally asked me to come over and have dinner with him afterwards, and obviously I accepted. Things started to get more comfortable, and I think the bottle of wine we'd shared gave me some liquid courage, and then poof! I wasn't a virgin anymore." She stopped when she saw my clenched teeth and fisted hands.

"Oh, stop it! You, dad, and Brock knew me and Evan weren't going to be Virgin Mary's for the entirety of our lives. Just don't think about it that way and we'll be fine." She said through an eye roll. I pinched the bridge of my nose and motioned with my hand for her to continue her story.