~Chapter One~

(sorry sorry sorry the authors don't really show up in the first chapter sorry. Also, this is way unedited. Ye has been warned. And as usual, Word into Wattpad murdered my punctuation ) 

Like every good adventure, this one started out as a completely normal day for the New Order.

What, you wanted something climactic right off the start? Sorry. Every story has to start somewhere. And besides, this story will be climactic enough as is.

So *ahem*, normal day.

Axel and Olivia were out in Boomtown and Redstonia. The other three members of the Order were at their temple. Jesse was researching new places to go treasure-hunting, while Lukas and Petra were practicing swordfighting in one corner.

"Aaargh, Petra, this isn't helping! I'll never get any better at swordplay!" Lukas complained.

"You're not focusing. It's really not that hard. Thrust, pivot, block, lunge." She explained calmly. "Okay, okay. Can you at least go easy on me this time?" Lukas sighed.

Petra smirked. "I have been."

They were about to start practicing again when four people burst into the temple, two older boys and two teenage girls. They were breathing heavily and had apparently been running for a while. Jesse leapt to her feet. "What-"

One of them, a girl with short brown hair, dropped to the ground, completely exhausted. Petra ran over and knelt beside her, concerned. The girl lifted her head, and the Order quickly recognized her and the others.

"Maya?!" Petra gasped. "It's the Blaze Rods." She drew her sword, staring them down with a hostile glare.

"Yeah...it's us. Plus...one." Aiden panted. They were all still very out of breath. Jesse turned to the unfamiliar girl with them. She had long caramel-brown hair and wore a black jacket like the other three.

"Who're you?" Lukas asked. "And why are you with them?"

"I'm Marilan, and they're my friends, thank you very much. But that...isn't important." The strange girl said, recovering her breath and standing up straight.

"You're not gonna believe what we just escaped from." Gill remarked. Petra crossed her arms. "Oh, we're not, huh? What the hell are you guys doing here? We thought we were done with you back in Sky City!"

"Believe me, we didn't really want to come back here. But I kinda think you're our only option." Aiden said. Jesse raised an eyebrow at him. "What on earth do you mean by that?"

Maya and Marilan exchanged a look, and Maya said "The world is falling apart."

"...what?"

Marilan sighed heavily. "Look, I don't really know how else to explain it. The world is falling apart. Something caused this massive fissure to form, and it keeps getting bigger. It could literally tear the world apart if it continues to grow."

Petra looked at her dubiously. "This sounds like a ridiculous pack of lies to lead us into a trap. What makes you think we'll fall for this?"

"It's not a trap! You think we would come all the way back here just to play a prank on you? We're not lying! We don't even know what's happening, just that it's bad!" Gill pleaded.

Jesse looked between the three Blaze Rods and Marilan. Their desperation seemed genuine. "I'm still not sure what you mean by 'the world splitting apart'."

"Well, what does it sound like? For some unknown reason, there's these huge cracks in the Overworld. We don't know why they showed up or where they started, but every minute they're getting longer and deeper and more numerous." Aiden said, explaining as best he could.