~Chapter Four~

GUYS. STOP ASKING IF I'M GOING TO UPDATE.

I UPDATE EVERY MONDAY.

YOU KNOW THIS.

STAHP.

Okay, and nobody dies in THIS chapter. You guys are like bloodthirsty little goblins in the comments, just being like 'Whoooooos gonna die?' XDD

-------------------------

"Are we there yet?" Megan asked.

"No, Megan, we are not any closer than we were when you asked five minutes ago." Maya replied, sounding exasperated.

She had been doing this for the last two hours of traveling. While the rest of the group had been talking and getting to know each other better, Megan had been acting as annoying as she possibly could.

The tall girl waited a few minutes, then asked again in her most annoying voice. "Are we there yet?"

Wolfe, who had been keeping quiet about it until now, let out an annoyed growl. She leaned up and grabbed the front of Megan's black jean jacket. "STAHP. Or so help me, I will literally rip your face off and feed it to an Enderman." The smaller girl snapped, releasing Megan.

"Ooh, scary. Whatcha gonna do, bite me?" Megan taunted. Wolfe growled again, balling her hands into fists.

"Okay, okay, stop. Seriously, it's not funny." Ruby cut in. "Right. Knock it off before I get involved." Gill ordered, straightening up to his full height. Wolfe was almost two heads shorter than him, and she quickly shut her mouth.

Ruby giggled quietly. She had been talking to the two Blaze Rods for most of the journey, and had found out that they weren't half as intimidating as they seemed.

Megan stayed silent for a short period of time, then slyly asked "Are we th-"

"Yes." Jesse interrupted. "Ha-wait, we are?" Megan asked, caught off-guard.

"Yep. Right through here." Olivia said, pushing through a cluster of bushes. Sure enough, there was Soren's fortress. Or the ruins of it, anyway.

Built into the side of a sturdy mountain, the fortress would've been the ideal hideaway. But the Witherstorm had ripped away the front of it, revealing a large room and a crumbling statue.

"Whoa..." Athena breathed, summarizing the sight in one word.

"D'you think he's even there?" Minty asked. "Hopefully. The fortress is massive, so even though the front is gone, there's a lot more space inside." Jesse said.

"And he has a whole other base in the End." Olivia added.

"Right. But hopefully we won't need to go there."

The group approached the half-ruined building, looking around in awe. Even partially demolished, it was an impressive sight.

"We should split up, to cover more ground." Maya suggested, eying the complicated network of hallways. "Right. Let's try to get as far into this place as we can without getting lost." Jesse decided.

The team of nine separated into groups of three. Athena, Olivia, and Maya went down into Soren's library. Minty, Megan, and Gill went into one set of halls, while Jesse, Ruby, and Wolfe explored another. These last three hadn't gotten very far before they noticed something rather out-of-place.

"What the...is that a footprint?" Ruby asked, bending down to investigate the mark on the floor.

"Yeah, it is. But it's not Soren's." Jesse noticed. "How d'you know?" Wolfe asked curiously.