~Chapter Nine~

Someone noticed that I had been avoiding killing the Authors.

WELP.

DONE WITH THAT NOW. IS TIME FOR DEATH.

Feel it everywhere and you see it growing

Enemies arise and the hate is flowing

Shattering the moon and bloodying the sky!

The machines of war will fuel both sides

And the greed will only grow more lies

Farewell to days of peace cause now it's

Time

To

Die!

...yes those are song lyrics from 'Die' because irony.

I have discovered that listening to RWBY music helps me write fight scenes.

SO HERE YA GO. THIS IS SHORT.

And this is sooooooo unedited . I didn't have ANY time to double-check stuff. If you fins any mistakes, tell me and I'll fix it. 

----------------------------------

The two villains examined the five Authors calmly. Well, Salem looked calm. Jacky looked like a wound-up coil ready to spring.

"So this is the rest of the Authors. Forgive me if I am underwhelmed." Salem said dryly.

"The rest?!" Kendall exclaimed, catching the implication.

Salem regarded her with little interest. "Yes, we already encountered some of your companions. They shouldn't give us too many more problems."

The five of them exchanged a nervous glance. What had happened to the others?

"What exactly do you mean by that?" Jasmine asked slowly. Jacky grinned. "Let's just say you won't be seeing them anytime soon."

"But you...you look like a little more of a problem." Salem mused. "What are you doing all the way out here? Shouldn't you be running for safety like everyone else?"

Rush raised her sword. "Look, we don't know who the heck you are, but if you think you're gonna threaten us, think again."

Salem sent her a dark look. "Oh I don't think so. You might not recognize us, but we know who you are. And we know what you could do if you got those powers. You could spell doom for all our plans. We can't have that happening, now could we?"

"We don't care about your plans! Just leave us alone!" Logan retorted.

"No can do, I'm afraid. By the end of this journey, none of you will be left alive. Trust me when I say this."

Kendall glanced around at her companions, then back at their opponents. "Fine. If you want a fight, bring it on."

Jacky grinned even wider. "Now that's something we can do." She and Salem leaped for the Authors, holding their weapons aloft.

Salem's midnight-black sword clanged against Rush's iron one and Logan's dagger, striking both at the same time. Jacky went for Jasmine, who didn't move in time. She wasn't fatally injured, but Jacky's dagger left a nasty slice in her arm, tearing straight through her jacket. Jasmine yelped in pain, but recollected her wits quickly.

Kendall shot at Salem with her bow, trying to distract her from Rush and Logan. Aranna backed up Jasmine, whacking Jacky with her Fish of Knockback.