~Chapter Three~

This chapter is complete crap. Ye has been warned.

And Word+Wattpad killed my bolding and italicizing AGAIN!

--------------------------------------

"It's the Order!"

"Thank you, Dawson, we can see that." Megan said sarcastically.

"And the Blaze Rods! Don't forget us!" Gill reminded.

"Wait, you know us?" Axel asked. "Duh. They're the ones who wrote those stories." Maya pointed out, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, right. But...how?"

"You're kidding, right? You guys are literally legends!" Aranna said.

"So you're the ones who told us to come! Well that's cool, I totally forgive you. Ooh, are we going on an adventure?" Kendall asked excitedly.

"Uh, kind of." Jesse said, not quite sure what to make of the enthusiastic girl.

"And...why?" Jasmine asked, raising an eyebrow.

Lukas sighed, taking the reins of the conversation. "The truth is, our world is in danger. So is Crown Mesa and potentially every world in the portal network. There's this huge...crevice...thing that could tear the worlds apart, and we need your help."

"Wh-what? Tearing the world...that's insane." Star protested, shaking her head.

"It's true." Logan interjected. "I've seen it. It's happening in my world too."

"Okay, but why do you need our help? We're nobody." Ruby asked suspiciously. In response, Jesse took a glossy black book out of her inventory and handed it to the golden-haired girl. Ruby's eyes widened as she leafed through it.

"What the hell..." Myst said, looking at the book over the smaller girl's shoulder.

"It's our stories." Rush marveled. Then she realized what she had just said. "What the flip how?! Where did you get this?!"

Jesse shrugged. "It just showed up earlier. But there's a message at the end that mentions you guys, and we know who wrote it."

Ruby flipped to the back of the book. "Soren..."

"Soren?! What does it say?" Star exclaimed. Ruby cleared her throat and read the three paragraphs aloud. When she finished, the room was dead silent.

"Sooooo...we have powers? How did we never realize this? Are you sure this is accurate?" Minty asked in disbelief. Aiden sighed. "Look, we don't know any more about this than you do. I wish we did, but we don't. It would be so much simpler if we knew what the heck was going on."

"We think that our best bet would be to track down Soren. None of us really want to, but he's our biggest lead." Jesse added. "And when we do find him, he has a lot of explaining to do!" Petra growled.

"Wait wait wait. I'm still caught up on these supposed powers." Jasmine said. "Me too, to be honest. But for whatever reason, we're trusting Soren on this." Olivia replied.

"Isn't he...you know, a little off?" Wolfe asked quietly. "Well yeah, but it seems like he wrote this a long time ago. And in my experience, his insanity seems to lean more towards singing about Endermen, not making up strange powers." Jesse said dryly.

"Okay, so who's going to find him?" Minty asked. "What, really? You actually want to help with this?" Myst interjected, looking surprised.

"Why not? There's definitely something weird going on here, and if Soren can explain it, I want to help." Athena said. "Me too." Wolfe offered.