~Chapter Twelve~

*crawls out of author prison* Well hello again

It's certainly been awhile, hasn't it.

Oh, I guess you're right. It's only been a MONTH or so.

This one actually isn't very long. But it's horrible. Rather boring and pointless.

Ugh.

First up, checking in with da VILLAINS, YAY

Just kidding I kinda don't like writing them ._.

And um...

I'm honestly really sorry I took so long to write this. I had a LOT of trouble with this chapter. But I should be back on track next week. It wasn't that I was having trouble with writing in general; it was just this stupid chapter.

------------------------------

Overnight, the world changed. There was now much, much more void than land. The remaining patches of ground were islands, just splintered pieces of ground floating above the void. And they never stopped shaking. A constant earthquake jostled every last known world, sending the last safe havens crashing into oblivion.

Except one.

One building still stood whole, at least as whole as it was before the whole crevice debacle. Which is to say, not entirely whole at all.

Alright, I'll stop beating around the bush. You know I'm talking about the Fallen Castle.

At the front of the castle, the crevice was small. It was a similar size to the original gap that the Order had seen. But it widened drastically, spreading out rapidly into the catastrophic canyon that was overtaking the worlds.

The Fallen Castle was an intimidating sight even in its state of disrepair, so it might've been quite the fortress in years before. The outer ramparts were crumbling to piles of loose stones and fallen timbers, but the innermost walls remained fairly strong. Strong enough, at least, to ward off any would-be investigators.

Whatever was in that castle, it was the kind of powerful that no one should want to come in contact with. And yet our three antagonists were right there, in the meager safe space before the castle.

The young Author stared up at the castle in awe, shuddering slightly as the feeling of unnatural wrongness swept over him. "Whoa...do you FEEL that?! What the heck is in there?"

Jacky also seemed unnerved, but Salem remained as stonily calm as ever. "Something unbelievably dangerous and powerful. Something we need."

A few heartbeats of silence. Then...

"Are we going in there?"

"No. Not yet, at least. The relic won't do us any good until the rest of the Authors are dead. The only problem for us is, they'll be able to use it without having to end your or eachother's lives. They will only need it to unlock their individual powers and to put the worlds back together. But you want to gain the powers that they will have lost by death, so we need to bide our time."

"So what are we supposed to do? Do we go out and kill them? Or do we wait until they come here, then fight them?" The boy asked. He didn't appear to be very comfortable with either of the plans.

"No. The battle will be here, as it was always destined to be. But we can't defend this place on our own. We need an army." Salem said. The boy frowned. "Where the hell are we supposed to get a-wait. You're not serious."

Jacky grinned her trademark disturbing smile. "Oh yes, we are."

The boy backed up from her slightly. "B-but I've never tried to create anything close to an army. I mean, I've messed around with my power quite a bit, but not like what you're asking."