~Chapter Six~

Okay there's a little bit of swearing in this chapter...sorry...Maya and Petra are both very expressive. I get kinda carried away when I'm writing them XD

And hey, more shipping! :D

Honestly, I wasn't intending for the previous chapter to be so ship-y. I didn't plan the Gilya moment at all. But hey, might as well get some Gilya while we still can. I mean, whaaaaat? You never saw that.

And, ah, I'm perfectly aware that this is late. Would you believe me if I said that I completely forgot? I did!

 I had it all finished and everything, but I totally forgot to publish it!

Also, it's kinda short...blame depression.

-----------------------------

"GO GO GO GO GO! WE GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE!" Petra shouted. She grabbed Dawson's arm and towed her to safety, out of the way of falling debris. Dawson stumbled away from the collapsing building, but Petra dove back inside to help the others. The smaller girl tried to find a place to escape to, but danger seemed to be on all sides. She paused, hesitant to get too far away from the others.

Petra reappeared in moments, carrying Kelly. Ombrexi, Liv, and Lukas were right behind her. "What happened to the others?!" Dawson cried.

"I don't know! They might not have made it out!" Lukas called. "We need to get out of here!"

"No! We might still be able to help someone!" Petra objected. Without waiting for an answer, she turned and ran back into the wreckage.

"Petra NO!" Lukas cried, but she was already gone. Ombrexi tugged on his sleeve. "Lukas, we need to go somewhere safer."

"NO!!" he roared. "I'M NOT LEAVING HER!"

"Lukas, we're-" Dawson started. "I said NO. Just a minute or two. She might come back."

Moments passed, with no sign of the redhead. Ombrexi was about to try again when Petra came barreling through the rubble, closely followed by Myst.

"Anyone else?" Dawson asked anxiously. Petra shook her head, coughing from the dust swept up by the tectonic movement. "The entire town is collapsing. The others are either alive or they're not, and if they're alive, they can stay alive until we can reunite. Let's go."

Lukas was prepared to shout at her, but closed his mouth. "Fine. Safety first, I guess."

------------------------

Kendall, Rush, and Star were the first ones to see the danger, but unfortunately, that didn't give them much of an advantage. They were trapped between collapsing walls and a thin line of the void. Aranna came out of nowhere, leaping across the thinnest crevice.

"Where are we supposed to go?!" Kendall shouted in a blur of panic. "Back over the crevice. It's still thin enough to jump over, if we go now." Aranna said. Star stepped back nervously. "No. Oh no, I can't make that."

"It's our only option!" Rush shouted. "If we don't go now, it'll be too late." The crevice expanded even more. In only a few seconds, it would be too wide to jump over.

Kendall grabbed Rush's hand, still panicking. "I don't know if I can..."

"Hey, don't freak out. Just get a running start, and we'll be safe before you know it." Rush assured her, fighting through her own terror. The two of them took several steps back, then ran forward and leaped. They crash-landed on the other side, desperately scrambling away from the edge.