Chapter 2

BEEP
BEEP
BEEP

I groaned loudly as I threw my new alarm clock across my room, smashing into the wall. I drop my hand down of my face making a loud sound as I groaned tiredly once more. I hate mornings. I got out of the bed as I dragged my feet to the bathroom taking a shower while I brushed my teeth. It is the worst day of the week, Monday. Which means school. I looked into my dark brown wooden dresser and choose a red burgundy dress with black flats.
and put a bit of makeup to cover my tired eyes.(out fit down there)

Once I was done getting dressed I went to to get some breakfast which was a fruit salad and a kit kat bar

Once I was done getting dressed I went to to get some breakfast which was a fruit salad and a kit kat bar. Don't blame me cause a girl gotta eat her sweets even if it is at the wrong time. I looked out the window to see all the snow has gone, this meant I could walk to school making my heart flutter with pure joy. I grabbed my black backpack as I opened my door locking it and closing it behind me. Thank goodness for spare keys! The sun gleamed on my face as I put on my circle glasses. That's when a rush of joy waved through me as a huge smile appeared on my face. Nothing beats a nice sunny day! I walked down the cement sidewalks as cars rushed by me and some old perverts honked making me gag. Seriously, that is completely disgusting and uncalled for. I instantly perked up when I saw one of my friends pull over next to me. “Hey, Cristy!” He said as his pale hand opened the passenger seat. I got in and we quickly exchanged hugs. His name was Jordan. He has ginger red hair with pale skin as red freckles were splatted on his cute cheeks. He is a vampire and has a loving family. Unlike me, even though I showcase myself as a happy girl with no care in the world. I’m actually very sad and broken inside. I lost my family at a very young age and I had to raise myself. It was extremely lonely and tough up bring, but with some time I got through it. I learned to cope with the pain and to deal with it.
“Did you hear about the new alpha?” Jordan asked as he drove on the puddles on the road. “Yep. I think I met him yesterday when YOU GUYS LEFT ME!” I shouted as he flinched saying a low ‘sorry’.
“Sorry but I could have been shot by a freaking hunter!” he said patting my shoulder as he smirked making me scoff at his stupidity. “We’re here in the hell hole they call school”. Jordan exclaimed as he parked his car in the school lot. I sighed loudly as we both exited his car. That's when I smelled the familiar pine cone scent. I took my glasses off as Jordan's eyes widened once he looked at my eyes. “Y-your eyes they're blue.” He said my heart beat quickened, that meant the alpha or should I say “mate” is nearby. Jordan was pretty stupid so I just covered my eyes with my glasses saying “Remember I was bitten by an alpha which makes me his beta.” I said as he slowly nodded suddenly understanding my point. Jordan moved closer to me and put his arm around my shoulders protectively. We walked up to school building, but before we could enter the prison I noticed a huge group of people surrounding a car. I told Jordan I’ll see him later as he nodded. I walked to the swarm of people as the smell of pine cones got stronger. I looked over the crowded as I saw a guy leaning on the black Camaro with a leather jacket, with a white T-shirt under, black jeans and a pair of worn out black Timberland boots. The stranger has green eyes that turned red when he stared at me. My eyes widened as I ran to the school entrance I felt my wolf teeth poking out. I hurried to the girl's bathroom before anyone saw them. After a few moments, I found a bathroom, I locked the door and quickly checked the stalls to see if I was alone. Which I am. I looked over to the mirror and see my eyes are a bright blue and my wolf teeth broke out meaning I was close to shifting. I felt a wave of panic rush through me as I held onto the bathroom sink shutting my eyes tightly. I need to calm down, I need to find my center. I need to find my anchor. Jordan's face flashes in my head and I focused on him. I focus on his sweet smile, his kind personality, and our friendship. Soon enough I felt myself starting to calm down as my teeth and eyes retreated back to their normal state. I sighed in frustration as I lean my back on the ceramic sink. Who knew a mate could do this. I mean I read books about it but it didn't mention that I could flipping turn on a dime. After collecting my thoughts, I left the bathroom and went to my first class which was boring old chemistry with Mr.David.