03%

GRANTED, GEORGE watched over the strange girl for the entirety of the night. Although he caught himself dozing off in his spot on the love seat, he managed to wake up enough to keep watch on his angel.

Day had just broken, and the young guitarist hadn't seen any movement or signs of consciousness from the bird. Even when he dropped a mug from the cupboard, she didn't so much as stir. That girl could sleep through a bomb blast.

The girl finally began to pull through her heavy slumber, stretching her legs as she fought off sleep in her limbs.

Slowly peeling her eyes open, she'd found herself somewhere completely unfamiliar, but she didn't know why. She didn't know where she was, or even who for that matter. Her eyes wandered over to the slumped over figure sitting beside her, small snores beginning to emit from his mouth as he fell asleep.

"Hello?" She prodded him with her hand gently, and his eyes flew open in surprise.

"Hello." He murmured back, and the strange girl titled her head in confusion.

"If it's not a bother to ask, where am I?" She asked softly, eliciting sigh from the handsome dark haired beauty before her.

"Oh, well, Liverpool if you want to get technical 'bout it. But you're at my flat." George said tentatively, watching as her adorably confused face twist into concern.

"Liverpool, what's that?" She asked in her adorable cockney accent that was positively endearing to George.

But by the second, his anxiety grew. First she hadn't remembered her name... but he assumed that she was blitzed out her mind, not suffering from amnesia.

"It's a city, located on the Mersey? Are you alright love?" George pried, watching as the beautiful girl before him unraveled with tears in her eyes.

"I don't know where I am, I don't know who I am... I don't know anything..." She wept, breaking George's heart. Seeing birds cry was always something he never could manage, he'd do everything in his power to end their pain or to console them.

But he hadn't a clue of what to say to this confused and clueless girl before him, weak and vulnerable, with no safety net to fall back on.

He sat beside the weeping girl and she collapsed in his expectant arms, sobbing softly into his warm chest.

"It'll be alright luv, I'm sure your memories will come back you. Maybe just a bad trip you're on, yeah?" George asked her, hoping it would elicit a memory from the strange girl.

Nothing.

"I'm sorry," She paused, sniffling her nose and retracting from George's chest to figure out who he was.

"George." He said kindly, extending a feeble smile to comfort her. She couldn't help but weakly grin through her sadness, it was like it was a normal response to her.

"I wish I could provide you with my name, George." She said forlornly, and George bit his lil, not wanting the girl to fall into a spiral of agony once more.

"How about I call you Juliet, just for now? Until you remember who you are?" George asked the newly named bird and she nodded with the semblance of a grin.

"I like that. Does that make you my Romeo?" Juliet shyly asked, only half serious.

George blushed at her adorable comment and he nodded.

"Only if you want me to be."

Their special moment that was just beginning to blossom, was interrupted by Ringo. Notorious for waking up early, appeared from the dark hallway with a cheerful smile.

"Good morning, George! And-" Ringo gestured at Juliet, with confusion. He hadn't remembered George taking home a bird. But, in his defense, Ringo was three sheets to the wind.

Much to his luck, Ringo hadn't felt any of the bitching symptoms of a hangover, so he proceeded into his day as per usual.

"Juliet." Juliet chided proudly, boasting her new name. She brushed her ratty brown hair away from her eyes, taking a decent gander at the new man.

Not hesitating to introducing himself, the friendly Ringo bid her good morning. "Well, morning to ya Juliet! 'M Ringo. Sleep well?"

Juliet shrugged, smiling at the peppy lad.

"Very much so, thank you. Nice to meet ya, Ringo. I don't mean to be blunt, but that's a rather peculiar name. Where'd ya come by it?" Juliet inquired, and Ringo's soft blue eyes glowed with a newfound admiration at the strange bird.

George noticed Ringo's instant liking to Juliet, and felt oddly jealous. They both met the girl, but he felt responsible and... protective over his Juliet.

"Well you see, I wear a variety of rings. Me old band just started calling me Ringo and it sort of stuck." Ringo simply explained with a rather wide smile, causing Juliet to feel at ease with the drummer.

"Anyways, would you like a cuppa? George?"

Juliet peered at George with a devastatingly cute expression of wonder, cuppa?

"Yeah, we'll take one, Rings." George answered for the perplexed Juliet and once Ringo was out of earshot, she expressed her concern to her Romeo.

"A cuppa? Is he referencing tea, George?" George nodded with an amused gleam, and she sighed in relief.

"Oh, Christ, I thought it meant drugs."