30%

I FELT the lingering warmth of his lips on my temple as I slowly rose from the position of rest on the soft sheets of our shared bed.

"George, you're leaving so soon?" I heard myself say softly, watching my tall and slender boyfriend face the wall as he buttoned up his white dress shirt. He turned around with a cheeky smile that revealed his sharp canine teeth; remembering that I always made a point of telling him I loved them.

They were distinctly George, just as signature as his hands or his scent.

"I've got to go to the studio, love. I'll be back later, don't you fret." George leaned over to press a soft, feathery kiss to my lips. He wasn't getting away so easily.

I snaked my arms around his neck and gently brought him down back into the nest of warmth I situated in our bed and returned his kiss with flagrant desire.

"Are you sure you have to leave so soon?" I teased with another searing kiss to his oh so delectable red lips, to which he responded with a groan and his arms coming up to wrap around my waist and pulling my body flush against his.

"Quite the little minx in the morning are we?" George laughed as his voice became gritty with lust, rolling back into bed with me. I always knew how to convince him to stay just for a few minutes more.

"I jus' like loving you in the morning a lil extra, darling." I spoke as I placed my head into the junction of his neck, softly planting kisses alongside the smooth planes and ridges in the spots I knew would drive him wild.

"Whattya mean by that lovebug? You don't love me more at any other time of the day?" George feigned hurt, slinking away so he could be on top, pinning me to the bed with his long fingers.

I giggled in response, booping his nose as my heart swelled with the love I so desperately harbored towards him.

"I love you always. 24/7. 365 days a year. I love you 3000."

"3000?"

"It's a big number. To show you my big love."

My dreams have always been better than my current reality as of late. Christmas was just two days away and my heart longed to be with George and the boys on the familial holiday. Christopher had asked if I'd want to join his family for dinner, to which I politely declined to the invitation.

He sensed my foreboding loneliness and actively sought to include me in the sphere of familial intimacy of the cafe, and I was grateful. However, there was nothing else in this world that I wished for more than to be with George.

Ironically enough, I thought that being away from George would give me more time and a renewed feeling of independence to find my ring lost in the ides of time. But it seemed that the cosmic mother intended other plans for me.

I had to work full days, everyday except on Sunday, to pay my £85 rent for my 2x4 lodgings at the heartbreak hotel for lonely hearts.

The cafe was closed from now until the day after New Years, which left me to my own devices until I returned to work, which meant I could engage in some serious Sherlock level work.

The pavement beneath my boot clad feet was strikingly cold, my breaths coming out in dragon's puffs of steam. I passed by jolly carolers and merry little children with bells and sockets attached to their coats as they ran through the streets in pure unadulterated joy.

It brought a sad smile to my lips, further reminding me of how lonely it was to be spending the Christmastide in self induced solitary confinement. The shops that I had passed were adorned with presents that were marked for loved ones and special lovers alike... it was a real shame I had neither.